First Timer - Slow growth and yellowing

drumbjj

What Strain is it? The worse one is Afghan and then there is some yellow on the Auto Assassin
How Many Plants? 3
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
What is in your Mix?
What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 3 100W CFL's
Is it Air Cooled? small exhaust fan
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? about every other day, whenever top layer is dry
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? none yet

This is the best picture I could get but the two lower leafs are turning yellow on my Afghan.
Snapshot_20120325_3.JPG

On my auto assassin just one lower leaf is turning yellow.

They are both about 2 weeks old.
Snapshot_20120325_10.JPG

I read it could be a zinc deficiency but I just want to make sure. How do I fix this problem?

looks like over-water to me. Those pots look about 3-gallon so try watering twice a week and let the water run outta the bottom so all the soil gets wet;every other day seems too much to me. Good luck keep us posted. :peace:

If its just those lower round leaves don't worry those are just the seed leaves and they die off and drop after they are no longer needed.

Those pots look about 3-gallon so try watering twice a week and let the water run outta the bottom

They are actually pretty small pots, I don't know the exact size but they are 5 inch pots.
I wait until they dry out before I water them but over watering might be the problem. I am going to try the twice a week thing and see how that turns out.

I don't know the pH. I was going to get a testing kit soon though.

What can you tell us about your soil? They may just simply need to be fed. What are you plans for nutes?

For now let it dry, then keep moistened not soaked, while it develops roots. Good drainage is imperative in your soil.

Once it has about 4 set of true leaves water like this...
Note weight of pot when dry then when wet. Water when dry, but never wait for the leaves to droop. Water till it seeps out the bottom, then let it sit again. The dry period induces root growth. Good roots grow good plants.

2 weeks old I would not start ferting em; very important to know whaat soil your using and the n-p-k value of it; that would be the 3 numbers separated by a - and what is your water source? If tap, are you letting it sit out overnight before using? The good news is the top set look happy and perky so no major issues as of yet. :hippy:

A little update. There are more leaves growing but I still see some issues.

This is the auto assassin the round bottom leaves are yellow and the lower leaves look like they might be yellowing and the tips are pointing down
0331120005b.jpg

The Afghan has 3 levels of leaves and the round bottom ones. The bottom ones are still yellow and one has a brown tint to it. The lower level of leaves are turning yellow at the ends and one is turning brown at the end. These are pointing down too.
mms_picture_5_.jpg

I don't remember what kind of soil it is. I tested the water, twice. Once after leaving it out and the other not. They tested the same, around 6.2 acidic.

Should I be worried because the top leaves look very healthy and green?

A little too close I think with the camera. Hard to tell much, but me thinks you have a soil that is too hot. Sounds like Miracle Grow garden soil or an equivalent.

Stick with just water and watch if it gets worse. As long as the new growth stays green and looks like its growing you are good. Any thing you can find and share about your soil will help.

Back
Top Bottom