Flip 12/12

spliffas

Hello, you are probably tired of my questions and etc., but I need a bot of advice, consultation here. :)

On JUL 31 they looked like that:
9694E30C-931A-4580-819A-1CDCEB91B487.jpeg

Now it is 25 of AUG. I was doing 400w veg, yesterday I started giving them 600w and I want to flip as soon as possible. 28 of AUG would be perfect for me, if possible!!!

On 25 AUG they look like that:
EFF0CB8B-871D-4EF4-8353-9B497785C7E3.jpeg

I pruned a bit of lower branches and leaves (not much). I LSTd most of the plants. My smallest rose is about 24cm, and tallest BOMB and NINJA is about 34cm.

Now what problems I have. Ninja’s main stem was damaged, but it is still growing (it was damaged about 6 days ago), two days ago i damaged one top of diesel drift, taped and etc and it looks like it will live. Today i damaged one branch of ninja, taped and willing it to recover. Black russian is very very bushy, probably i shouldnt lst her, but it is as it is now.

Can I flip them 12/12 on 28-29 of AUG for optimal yeld? And what yeld to expect? Would be nice to get 250-300g dried per crop. Achievable or should I veg for more and let them fully recover? Any info and advices from you professionals are more than welcome :) thank you everyone!!!
E374720C-42F5-4753-BC59-B56836C55FAE.jpeg
E55C621D-F63D-4E03-8BDF-7DB59FE93CA8.jpeg

I taped my ninja back, just checked the wound and taped back. She’s living!

Tent looks small for 6 plants to grow really big as well, how tall is your tent, they generally dbl or triple in size during flowering

Longer veg = more yield

Hey mate, my tent is 80 x 120 x 180. I have 7 plants in there. I was reading that during veg before flip my floor should be 100% covered in green. But now I am confused. To be fair, I just want 250 - 300 of dried bud. So basically I would love to achieve 35-45g per plant. And I have stressed my ladies for not being careful enough. I was thinking of doing few more days 600w 18/6 and I want to flip ASAP if possible. I will give 600w boost (660w) when I flip. Do you think 28 aug is a good day to flip? I raised my hps a bit, it is about 55cm from plants tops, gave them just water today. I sit and smoke and think and dunno what to do, when to flip and what to expect... :/ and i know that i stressed them a bit and they need to recover... thanks every1!
6ACA0DE8-9718-44D7-B7D5-A49B4F52F300.jpeg

With the HPS it does limit yer height a bit
I'd say flip

Be sure and watch for heat in yer tent, lots of watts for that space, I did a 600w HPS in a 4'x4' tent

I'd also defole a bit before flip, open up any bud sites covered by top fan leaves

They look good so far

Thank you!! I am a bit scared about defolation, I am afraid that I can mess things up. I have damn amazing extractor fan, my temps in box ~24 with 600w. Basically my tent temp equals my room tent. So if it is hot outside it’s hot in my room and it’s hot in my tent, but when out is autumn... 24 under 600w. I don’t have a fan controller so my fan on when my lights on. Ok very appreciate asvice, will wait till 28 then flip. How much time they need to recover after defoliation? If i do it today can i flip on 28? And how high should my lamp be? I can get it very very close to plants as I have no heat spots nor any temp issues? Thank you once more. :)

HPS should be between 16"-24" above the plant are it can heat stress or burn them

If yer worried about defole then don't, let the girls see how the progress once they start stretching

Thank you once more, can I do defolation when they starts flowering? First few weeks without affecting yeld? Lamp is 50-57cm from tops of plants, should I leave it like that or lower a little? I may see some leaves which can be cut off my plants (which r LsTd), but those few with cheistmas tree shape... looks too dangerous for me. I would love to experiment, but it is illegall where am growing and as I said I am willing to achieve 250-300g dried bud (one year of smoke for myself!). Even my first grow under cfls was ten times better of what you can get on streets most of the time. I Live and smoke here in uk for about 2 years and only few times I got decent bud from dealers, most of the time it doesn’t hit you as it should or if it hits it hits like heavy drugs. Can’t even compare with my homegrown stuff...

Thank you very much, will post some pics after flip, I will need more advices probably.

Btw those broken branches won’t affect anything if not completely healed after I flip?

I just don’t want to mess things, I grow for my personal use and I just want to have weed for year and time is my enemy... :x

Don't over think it, relax, they look good

Don't lower the light, 20" is good

Big defole in flower isn't recommend, but removing lower shaded growth and bud blockers is fine

Ok I listened to your advice and did final touches before flip. Russian lost one leaf, ninja lost one leaf, drift lost 2-3 leaves, smallest rose was LSTd. Bomb stayed the same. Big rose lost one leaf. Looks better imo. I would love to go high on defol, but still too scared. Bomb needs defolation, but it’s too tricky for me, dunno where to start how many to defol, so left as it is. Probably won’t fo anything more than to fix lst for those 2-3 days and then flip! Can’t wait ^^.
Might be not noticeable in photos, but I can see the difference. :)
339B4AA7-6515-4188-8ABF-46E9B0CE314C.jpeg
F3DB57FE-4EBB-44A2-BB75-BC50B70C9155.jpeg
38612216-F538-4A04-B9A3-7A5F8F32AF11.jpeg

Here is some clips from my last grow. The first pic it’s a week or so before flip. My screen is prolly 3.5x3.5 my tent prolly 4x5. 1000 HPS. Months of veg and training. I had two plants. I don’t think you have enough room in the canopy for those numbers friend.

Your looks bigger than mine. But i veg for 4 weeks only lst and a bit of pruning. Sativas recieved topping. I just let them recover for a few days and let’s go to flowering! :) thank you every1! We’ll see what’s gonna happen. XOX :)

I believe my whole floor will be filled at the end. I don’t want to veg for too long because of two factors - the more u veg the more chances to mess things up and time itself when it is illegal. + we r planning to relocate so i just finish those, i dry them and go. :) btw consider i am old stoner new at growing :) my goal is 0.5g per watt. Thanks every1 once more. :)

Back
Top Bottom