Flip to 12/12

Calibarsjay

420 Member
Just want some people’s opinion if you think I should veg longer or flip now? I no it depends but how many ounces per plant do you think it sits at if I flip now and use scrog net. Thankss

Attachments

• 3D736A0C-8535-49F6-9BCA-122FE389B4C8.jpeg
    3D736A0C-8535-49F6-9BCA-122FE389B4C8.jpeg
    952.4 KB · Views: 73
  • CB4A0CC2-2F51-42F8-917B-3803CDD03CE5.jpeg
    CB4A0CC2-2F51-42F8-917B-3803CDD03CE5.jpeg
    877 KB · Views: 77
We need a lot more info to be able to give you any kind of guesstimate. What strain is it? What does the breeder say about how it yields? What does the breeder say about flower transition stretch? What kind of medium/nutrient system are you using? How large is your grow space/can you move your lights up any higher?

the only real comment I can make is, if you dont have any more space to raise your lights up... you’re gonna wanna flip soon or else you’re going to run out of space and fast(.....most likely, again I don’t know what strain it is or how it stretches).

Thanks for reply, yes I have more height I have a 7 foot tent. Strains are purple punch and peyote criticil they are mostly Indica and using 3 base nutrient micro. The big reflector restricts some height tho.

Figure out how much space you have between the soil and the light when it’s at it’s absolutely maximum. Flip your plants when they’re 1/2s-18”. S is for the total space, you wanna give your girls room to double in size and still have 18 inches between canopy and light source.

As far as yield, it will depend on your light but with those strains and that much space you should be able to get something like 4-6oz per plant

Just want some people’s opinion if you think I should veg longer or flip now? I no it depends but how many ounces per plant do you think it sits at if I flip now and use scrog net. Thankss
If you put the plants into a lighting schedule for the flowering now then I don't think that trying to use a SCROG (Screen Of Green) is going to help. Once you build it and/or set it up you still have to do some pruning and then minimal training to get the new growth to spread out and then turn up to grow through the screen.

No matter what, they look like nice plants.

T
If you put the plants into a lighting schedule for the flowering now then I don't think that trying to use a SCROG (Screen Of Green) is going to help. Once you build it and/or set it up you still have to do some pruning and then minimal training to get the new growth to spread out and then turn up to grow through the screen.

No matter what, they look like nice plants.
Thanks for the reply, I was thinking this aswell, the scrog clips onto all 4 corners and stretches out I fualt it would be better using it than not ? And I fualt if I flip it it will fill it grow and stretch and fill out above the net? So do you think I should not use it ? Thanks

I like doing the training and using a Scrog is just a training method for me. If you want to set up the scrog then you will be spending several more weeks while training the plants to grow and fill in the openings. Some people recommend that the plant be trained and pruned until it fills in the area just below the net. Then when the lights are changed to 12/12 the plant starts to stretch and will send new growth up through the netting or openings.

Others like to let the plant just start to send new growth up through the openings before turning the lights to 12/12.

My opinion is that if you want to set up the Scrog you will have to hold off the lighting change until the plants have been trimmed.

Back
Top Bottom