Florida: Judge Rules Couple Arrested For Growing Marijuana Can Go Home

Jacob Redmond

A federal judge ruled Wednesday that a St. Johns County husband and wife arrested for growing marijuana in their home can go back to their home to collect their belongings.

Scott and Marsha Yandell took the county to court, claiming the county irreparably harmed them by not allowing them into their home after they were arrested in February. Deputies said four dozen marijuana plants were found growing in their home.

The Yandells have not been allowed back in their home since investigators found their large marijuana growing operation.

The attorney for St. Johns County argued earlier this week that the home was a manufacturing facility for illegal drugs. She also argued the couple had an electrician go into the house to alter the wiring to accommodate their grow operation.

The Yandells said St. Johns County was illegally keeping them from their home and that they have the legal right to use medical marijuana.

Judge Marcia Howard agreed Wednesday, giving the Yandells a temporary restraining order against St. Johns County and saying the county has to allow the Yandells to access the property for 14 days at most. The ruling essentially said the county did not follow its procedures in barring the Yandells from the home.

After the 14 days, the restraining order expires and the county can move forward with whatever it wants to do with the home. It's possible it will be demolished.

The county has a hearing on the issue on March 23.

13455.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Judge rules couple arrested for growing marijuana can go home | News - Home
Author: Scott Johnson
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: News 4 Jax | Jacksonville News, Jacksonville, Florida News, Weather, Sports | WJXT Channel 4

A federal judge ruled Wednesday that a St. Johns County husband and wife arrested for growing marijuana in their home can go back to their home to collect their belongings.

Scott and Marsha Yandell took the county to court, claiming the county irreparably harmed them by not allowing them into their home after they were arrested in February. Deputies said four dozen marijuana plants were found growing in their home.

The Yandells have not been allowed back in their home since investigators found their large marijuana growing operation.

The attorney for St. Johns County argued earlier this week that the home was a manufacturing facility for illegal drugs. She also argued the couple had an electrician go into the house to alter the wiring to accommodate their grow operation.

The Yandells said St. Johns County was illegally keeping them from their home and that they have the legal right to use medical marijuana.

Judge Marcia Howard agreed Wednesday, giving the Yandells a temporary restraining order against St. Johns County and saying the county has to allow the Yandells to access the property for 14 days at most. The ruling essentially said the county did not follow its procedures in barring the Yandells from the home.

After the 14 days, the restraining order expires and the county can move forward with whatever it wants to do with the home. It's possible it will be demolished.

The county has a hearing on the issue on March 23.

13455.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Judge rules couple arrested for growing marijuana can go home | News - Home
Author: Scott Johnson
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: News 4 Jax | Jacksonville News, Jacksonville, Florida News, Weather, Sports | WJXT Channel 4
I was at the federal court house with Scott and Marsha Yandell yesterday and must say, the bias view of the media is obvious to me. I was interviewed by ch 4 but because I would only tell their side of the story and the truth, it wasn't ran. The reporter tried his best to get me to say something incrimenating against the Yandells but because I didn't none of it was shown. I only stand with the Yandells because I too am a registered Fl patient like them. Here in Fl they have taken their home and condemd it because they were growing and making oil with a co2 extractor.

Back
Top Bottom