Flowering bud problem, need advice

bbkingwithaj

Ok newbie grower here,

MY babies are in their 7th week of flowering and I noticed that on 2 of them, the cola started to dry out, or kind of die from the top down. They are turning a brownish hue and are a litle brittle to the touch, not to mention almost all the large leafs on the plants have shriveled a bit. They still have color and life, just a curled up on themselfs... The only reason I can think of for this is that they were slumping over bad and I had to stake them up, and when I did so, may have put them too close to the lamp.

So my questions:
1)Do you think the cause was the lamp? Would that make sense? They were still a good 13 -14 inches away from the 1000w hps.

2)What do I do now, the infection has spread to almost half of the cola, I need to know if I should just cut off the infected areas, or try to rush it to harvest...

also, for a time frame, I noticed this around a week ago, and just hoped watering would help. it didn't.

Thanks for any feedback i can get.

I'm no expert but I personally would have a 1000w light a lot higher than 13-14 inches - is it not really hot if you put your hand at the top of the buds?

pics would help, but more info is key too...
from link above,
REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

This information is necessary for accurate support to be given.

Back
Top Bottom