Pest problem

Damyanovftw

420 Member
Greetings all, I'm currently having a problem with some flies, relocated our grow indoor as temps dropped, plants seem healthy and are enjoying the artificial sun.
But today I noticed that there were some white flies (a bit smaller then a fruit fly) tanning under the lamp, with further inspection I saw that they are coming from the buds of the plants with visible white spots *will get some photos later*. 2 of the plants are almost finished where the third is halfway through flowering.
As plants are almost ready is there any way to remove the peats without damaging the buds or is it too late?

Bad news: sounds like you got aphids.
Pix's would help, but you need a multi-faceted attack plan.

Also, pay attention to the soil.
Look for 'little white gnats' flying around the base.
I would treat for root aphids too, just in case. Once those get established you got a hell of a fight on your hands, and it will cost you weight.

There are many treatment programs for aphids. I'm sure many here will share their solutions.

Greetings all, I'm currently having a problem with some flies, relocated our grow indoor as temps dropped, plants seem healthy and are enjoying the artificial sun.
But today I noticed that there were some white flies (a bit smaller then a fruit fly) tanning under the lamp, with further inspection I saw that they are coming from the buds of the plants with visible white spots *will get some photos later*. 2 of the plants are almost finished where the third is halfway through flowering.
As plants are almost ready is there any way to remove the peats without damaging the buds or is it too late?
Hello @Damyanovftw hope you are well today my friend.
As stated pics would help.
Also do you have neem oil and a sprayer?

Stay safe
Bill

do you have neem oil
I wouldn't put ANY kind of oil on flowers.

As far along as this garden is ... I think I would just go for 'control' of the bastids ... keep the population down so they do less damage.

Make it to 'the end' then burn/clean that room and do prophylactic treatment for aphids on the next grow.

I wouldn't put ANY kind of oil on flowers.

As far along as this garden is ... I think I would just go for 'control' of the bastids ... keep the population down so they do less damage.

Make it to 'the end' then burn/clean that room and do prophylactic treatment for aphids on the next grow.

The one that's only half way might need some help.
Most products can be washed off buds after harvest. :Namaste:
Just 2c.

Stay safe
Bill

Hello @Damyanovftw hope you are well today my friend.
As stated pics would help.
Also do you have neem oil and a sprayer?

Stay safe
Bill
Heya Bill, fantastic, hbu?

Will post some later on for sure.

Hmm neem oil sounds intresting, but will try to avoid using anything for the time being as long as I can salvage without it.

Sounds like white flies perhaps. Aphids so large compared to flies

Safers soap or similar has been my go to. And a bud wash will clean it up after

I also read that the sticky yellow fly traps work well fot white flies

Karma sent friend

Yeah no neem oil. If you want the active ingredient in neem without the taste try

Monterey LG6240 Take Down Garden Spray, 1 Pint​

Dilute with water and spray. IF they are aphids this will work great and also works for white flies but pics will tell what pest is in play. I'd say likely aphids and why I don't bring in outdoor plants into my indoor space (anymore).

Outside the population is tamed down by sun, rain and other insects that eat those pests. Soon as you bring the plants indoors there's no natural predators and whatever pests are on the plant we get and infestation.

Soooo - next time hose down your plants and I'd probably spray with takedown after IF I was to ever bring in another plant (doubtful).

Another pest thats great at hitching a ride are Leaf hoppers and they reproduce rapidly indoors.

IF aphids you will need to bud wash... they leave a mess on plants.

Back
Top Bottom