New

CaliMeatWagon

Hi there peoples, first off, I'm new to this site and new to growing.

Now I'm having a bit of problems with my babies and I've tried looking up what the problem could be, but since this is my first rodeo, I want to make sure they get the correct treatment.

So they have been outside their whole life. Not sure on their strain, but I'm sure one is an indica and one is a sativa based on how they are (ones "bushy" the other is not).

Now I give them a bit of water every day. Where they sit they get sun all day. And initially I had pest problem. I spotted some spider mites and some white flies. The spider mite problem is gone and I only occasionally see a white fly even after shaking the plant. I used Bayer Advanced Natria Insect, Disease, and Mite control on two separate occasions. Both after the sun went down and several days apart. This seemed to get rid of the pests, but now I have a new problem.

I'm not sure the exact cause, but it looks like my leaves are "burning". I've been clipping the bad leaves, but more are showing up.

Now since this is my first time attempting to grow, I'm not concerned with yield or quality, I just want to produce something and not have the plants die, lol. So any and all help on this is appreciated.

Here are some pictures that I hope help with the diagnosis:

11403237_1739871469576531_7021098985279421588_n.jpg

11350699_1739871509576527_1874726219403716339_n.jpg

22607_1739871572909854_1824051736784489652_n.jpg

I'm guessing maybe they are getting sunburned as it has been a bit hot the last couple of days, but I want to make sure.

As a side note, the last several days it has been reaching upwards of 100 degrees F.

Looks like sunburn to me. Keep a fan blowing on it to circulate the air. Without air conditioning, it's hard to regulate air temp if the ambient air is 100 F!

I can almost guarantee that your spider mites aren't gone. They're never gone lol.

You're not watering them properly. Watering every day is potentially very bad. Give them a lot of water (until about 20% runs off) and then let the soil dry out for at least 2 or 3 days before watering again. Lift the pot when the soil is dry to get a feel for how heavy it is when watering is required.

Maybe get them out of the direct sunlight for part of the day too.

Yea like greencaper said, you should fully water the plant, then let the medium dry out before you water again. Keeping your soil constantly moist could give you root rot. That doesn't seem to be the main problem though, the main problem is the heat. The heat caused your leaves to get burnt. I also have a couple plants outside vegging, almost 2 months old. I accidentally left them in the direct sun when it got up to 105 degrees one day, not a smart idea, my Indica got a decent amount of leaf burn. I also had a few week old clone outside on a less hotter day and almost every single fan leaf got burnt to crisp. That was weeks ago and she's just now starting to recover. Heat stress can be a bitch, so watch out for taco curling leaves.
If the heat gets higher than 95 degrees I would move the plants in the shade or inside under CFLs if you have em, that's what I started doing.

Thank you peoples for responding. I'm moved them to a spot under the awning so the should get good morning sun and evening sun, but be shaded for the rest of the day. I "soaked" the soil today and I'll wait until it dries out (buckets are light) to water them again.

Question on the sunburned leaves, will they recover or are they gonners? If part of the leaf is crispy but not the rest, should I clip the whole leave, or just that piece?

Sorry if these seem like noob questions, but well, I'm a noob at this.

Are you feeding them with nutrients? It looks like a phosphorus deficiency? Along with incorrect watering the combination (root problems)... Are they having any other problems, twisted leaves, slow growth? Just a guess at this point?
phosphorus_deficiency.jpg

They are still growing rather quickly and the majority of the leaves look fine, especially the ones underneath the outer layer of leaves. I haven't feed them any nutrients, but just put them in larger pots with fresh soil and manure (from 1 gallon to 5 gallon pots).

Back
Top Bottom