Flowering time?

Starscream

When it says flowering time 7-8 weeks dose that mean i should let it flower for that long?, or it takes that long in vegitative growth before flowering?

some sativa's can go up to 14 weeks too... depending on location and strains genetics

When it says flowering time 7-8 weeks dose that mean i should let it flower for that long?, or it takes that long in vegitative growth before flowering?
A general guideline rule of thumb. Having a strain that flowers total done in 47-50 days as the original pack called for flowering 6-8 weeks. They were right on at 6 weeks. It will vary as to light conditions, Lumen Output, Soil or Hydro etc....
Currently also having a sativa that is now over 10 weeks in bud. Still has 3-4 weeks easy to go.

Good thing I stumbled across this thread. I had the exact same question. So the flowering time listed refers to the time a plant spends in flowering, not the time it takes from germination to get into the flowering stage. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

correct...

you can veg as long as you want (except the auto flowering strains)

all of these post don't really seem to answer the question. Does the flowering time listed for any particular strain i.e 5-7 weeks refer to
a) the time it should take the plant to complete it's cycle once it's place in 12/12
or
b) the time it should take to actually start showing it's white hairs?

a)
flowering time is time to finish from when flipped to 12/12. (under ideal conditions)

FWIW I have never seen any strain finish under 7 weeks.

some sativa's can go up to 14 weeks too... depending on location and strains genetics

Have to agree with you on that one. I'm on week 12 still looking like a week or two left :rollingeyes:

Back
Top Bottom