time before flowering

neuhmz

hey quick question i was wondering how long you can keep the plant in vegitative stage. will it just keep growing or will it eventually break its self into a flowering stage?

there is a hormone in the marijuana plant that gets produced during dark periods. during light periods the hormone is consumed or destroyed. at a certain threshold level the buildup of the hormone signals the plant that it is time to flower (end of the growing season outdoors or by increasing the dark period to 12+ hours indoors). i have never tried it (and i don't know why you would) but i believe you could keep it in vegetative growth and never let it flower.

no acctually have you heard of mother plants. were you leave a female plant in veg and you take clones off her. they can last as long as they have space and care

Your right,,unless your MJ is crossed with a Rud.(self flowering variety) you can veg. indefinitely.I veg. until I get at least 6-8 main stems by topping and pinching.Once the new growth is established I switch to 12/12.However is necassary you can prolong the vegging.In my case I like to have new plants ready to go just as the harvest ends.It gives you a little control over the time frame.-usdi Agaluga

Outdoor plants flower because the days get shorter in the fall.
Hence the 12h/12h flowering schedule.

You can leave a plant in 18/6 and it will never flower, but it will eventually if put outside during aug/sept.

Back
Top Bottom