Flushing Question

the1

I have 3 outdoor plants in 15 gal pots I need to flush them due to rookie mistakes, one of many, over feeding and getting nute burn. As I don't have 135 gal of water sitting around can I flush with the garden hose and finish each off with 4 gal of good ph'ed water. Thanks

I would just flush with the garden hose and then give 1/2 strength PH'd nutes at next scheduled feeding/water.

I grow in 1 gallon pots and use fox farms trio. Probably depends on what fertilizer your giving them. If your using a slow release dry fertilizer? or liquid type?

I using the same nutes, was heavy feeding and as I learn as I go MG Natures care was not the best choice for soil mixed with promix hp. Thanks for the response

I using the same nutes, was heavy feeding and as I learn as I go MG Natures care was not the best choice for soil mixed with promix hp. Thanks for the response

A lot of those type products have a lot of peat moss in them. The peat moss breaks down acidic over time and add in the slow release fertilizer + any ferts you give them and bam... curled leaves/PH lock out.

I use an organic seed starter that is mainly peat moss and it goes acidic on me. You will want to add about a tablespoon of garden lime per gallon of soil if you know it will go hot on you.

Since your using so much soil... you could probably using an organic soil mix. I just mixed up some soil and it called for 1 cup of garden lime for 1 cu. ft. (7.5 gallons) of soil.

My point is you probably need to think about adding an alkaline agent to balance out the soil.

You could always flush with 1 tablespoon garden lime per gallon of water also.

Cool thanks. I've been getting a consistent run off PH in the 6's cant give an exact number using drops but in the 6's if that matters

Back
Top Bottom