Foam in RDWC pot

rjgrowbig

420 Member
Hi fellow growers!

We recently started a new RDWC grow for the first time. It’s been a rocky start. We recently added a water chiller and Growee - an automated ph and doser. Things had started to look up, finally saw some growth with the plants AND the roots. As of the last water change around 12/9, we didn’t have Growee. We dosed the water per the recommendations and adjusted ph as necessary to keep levels where they should be. We added hydroguard per the suggested amount on the bottle. We then added Growee on 12/10 and all ppm, temp, ph are where they need to be. We’ve checked the roots and water often. This evening we saw this in one of the pots - not the res.
We’re not sure what it is, any help and advice is appreciated! We’re planning on changing out the water tomorrow. :Namaste::thanks:

IMG_0009.jpeg

Hi fellow growers!

We recently started a new RDWC grow for the first time. It’s been a rocky start. We recently added a water chiller and Growee - an automated ph and doser. Things had started to look up, finally saw some growth with the plants AND the roots. As of the last water change around 12/9, we didn’t have Growee. We dosed the water per the recommendations and adjusted ph as necessary to keep levels where they should be. We added hydroguard per the suggested amount on the bottle. We then added Growee on 12/10 and all ppm, temp, ph are where they need to be. We’ve checked the roots and water often. This evening we saw this in one of the pots - not the res.
We’re not sure what it is, any help and advice is appreciated! We’re planning on changing out the water tomorrow. :Namaste::thanks:

IMG_0009.jpeg
Skim it off the top and see if it comes back , im assuming you nutrients are running at the correct ppm . It may have come from the medium in your pots did you give that a good wash before starting.
On a side note what water chiller did you get and what volume of water can it handle, I need to purchase one myself ,got any pics or a name of it so I can look it up.
Thanks

We did skim it off the top and doesn’t seem to be re-appearing. I went with the 1/10 Hp which is rated up to 40 Gal, and I’m only using around 32-34 gallons. So it’s perfect for why I need. My temp thing is about 2 degrees off when you look at the history.

IMG_0013.png

IMG_0012.png

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

We did skim it off the top and doesn’t seem to be re-appearing. I went with the 1/10 Hp which is rated up to 40 Gal, and I’m only using around 32-34 gallons. So it’s perfect for why I need. My temp thing is about 2 degrees off when you look at the history.

IMG_0013.png

IMG_0012.png

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg
Looks very similar to the one im eyeing off except it will do 100ltr reservoir.
You have a pretty flash set-up i googled that doser damn it looks expensive 😳

Thank you. I plan on doing this before long, I ordered the replacement lid with no holes and I'll end up doing the chiller through an inline pump instead.

Growee has been ok, but for whatever reason my PH hasn't swung at all, so I haven't been able to see this thing at work. Additionally, my PH has been hovering around 5.8 forever now. So until the plants get a bit bigger I haven't really seen it in action yet. Gotta wait 2-3 more weeks.

Thank you. I plan on doing this before long, I ordered the replacement lid with no holes and I'll end up doing the chiller through an inline pump instead.

Growee has been ok, but for whatever reason my PH hasn't swung at all, so I haven't been able to see this thing at work. Additionally, my PH has been hovering around 5.8 forever now. So until the plants get a bit bigger I haven't really seen it in action yet. Gotta wait 2-3 more weeks.
The one thing that worries me about auto dosing units is it dosing the water then dosing it again because it hasn't mixed well and it gets a dodgy reading then the unmixed solution gets pumped across the roots of all the plants .
I might be over thinking it ,do you find this at all?

Back
Top Bottom