Rdwc help asap

sirgalot

hi first ever grow and having probs.
running rdwc 2 x 20 ltr grow buckets with 20 ltr res ( res outside tent )
air stone in each bucket
nutes greenhouse company all in one powder.
just started adding buddas tree
in third week of flower 12/12
1.2 x 1.2 tent
1 x 600w MH 1 x 250w son t pro
4" fresh air inlet fan
5" inline extractor fan
2 x circulating fans
tent temp 85
res temp 70/75
ph 6
adding half the recommended dose of dutch master gold ( maybe not strong enough )
growing in net pot with rockwool cube and clay balls for support
slight brown stain to root ball as i was told the nutes stain them as they are brown when mixed
slight slime to touch on air/ water tubes in bucket (not too bad)
no bad smells

i have started getting white flakes in my res. they almost look like the small scale u get in your kettle but when u get one in your fingers it disintegrates. i was on full strength nutes for a week but have just started nute burn so taken them to half with quarter ml per ltr of buddas tree. i did a nute change last night and took out most of the flakes and 24 hrs after the white is in the bottom of my res again, when u disturb the water they just float about then settle on the bottom this only started two weeks ago.could it be the white paper around the rockwool degrading? or should i cry myself to sleep or can anyone tell me exactly what it is and how to resolve this asap please respond quickly.
kind regards

You should never leave the white rapper on when transplanting. Could be it. Try and see is you can get to where you can see the side of rock wool in pot and see if its coming apart and if you can take it off without hurting any roots. As far as the slime you can just take a store bought peroxide and put some on a clean new towel and wipe off. I use H2o2 when I see slim or any root problem.
Oh and some times brown top roots is from clay rocks used and were not cleaned as well as nutes.

Ok thank you for info will try and look at rock wool and report back plant seems healthy enough but what do I know ttfn

Res temp should be looked at more closely & i think that the current temps of res are causing root rot !

You should be aiming at res temp of 62-68°F (17-20°C). Above 72°F (21°C) and dissolved oxygen (DO) dips too low. Below 60°F (16°C) and plants tend to slow their metabolism.

May mean insulating rdwc buckets and res ?

Or you could look at products to control root rot problems most hydroponic shops should stock something or even use H202 !

Back
Top Bottom