Found some hermies, looking for advice

lovesto420

420 Member
So I cloned some feminized crop king seeds, White Cookies, and now for the first time cloned a hermie. Not all are turning, at worst I'd say a third are showing signs but enough to ruin the lot. I'm 6 and a half weeks in and want to let them go as long as I can without the seeds actually forming. The little flower looking thing just started coming now, no seed in there yet.

So how long do you think I have? I think I can get another half week of budding out of them, like to get a full week. But not to sure. What would you do?

DSCN0015.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0015.JPG
    DSCN0015.JPG
    619.3 KB · Views: 129
Hermies, i reckon learn to luv them. :) My current grow is all from seed that came from self fertilised, hermie plants.

Hopefully, than means i have all females. Am on day 6 of flower on that grow at the moment so hopefully will know in the next week or ten days.

Having had trouble starting off growing i'm keen to keep viable seed stockk on hand of both regular and feminised seeds.

I have been careful to let the seeds mature properly and go stripy and brown before collecting them.

My situation is that importing seeds or buying online is just not a happening thing. Was lucky to get regular seeds of the White Widow cross that i have, but it seems to go hermie quite easily, for whatever reason they do.

All that said when smoked, blows me away quite well. The buds, and also the leaf i collect from defoliating during the grow make great butter, olive oil, and tincture.

Hermies aren't all bad. :)

I asked advice on another site and some people suggested just picking those nanners out with tweezers which will minimize any seedyness happening. Lots of people thoroughly disagreed too. So I gave it a shot, when through every couple days picking out yellowing flowers and it worked. Haven't found any seeds, yet. Got 8 weeks of budding in.

The more you know...

On my current grow have 20 smaller plants to try and make best use of a 1.2 x1.2m space. All the plants are from seeds derived from my last grow, and came from plants that were definite female, went hermie and fertilised each other. My understanding of that is that all the seeds resulting from that would grow to be female plants.

I'm at the point in the flowering part of the grow that i can now confirm that ALL of my 20 plants are showing as female...so......Happiness. :)

Am going to have to monitor them and see if any go hermie. Not sure if they will or not as from my reading stress can make them do that, some plants more easily than others. These plants have been nicely treated. no insect, watering or nutrient issues this grow at all. Topping, Defoliation, and LST applied though.

On my current grow have 20 smaller plants to try and make best use of a 1.2 x1.2m space. All the plants are from seeds derived from my last grow, and came from plants that were definite female, went hermie and fertilised each other. My understanding of that is that all the seeds resulting from that would grow to be female plants.

I'm at the point in the flowering part of the grow that i can now confirm that ALL of my 20 plants are showing as female...so......Happiness. :)

Am going to have to monitor them and see if any go hermie. Not sure if they will or not as from my reading stress can make them do that, some plants more easily than others. These plants have been nicely treated. no insect, watering or nutrient issues this grow at all. Topping, Defoliation, and LST applied though.

Thats interesting to know what becomes of those hermie seeds. I will say now that I trimmed up a bunch and have found about 3 seeds per half pound. Those where growing on the outside of the bud and there would be more when someone grinds it up to roll doobs

Hang onto the seeds. :) If you havent done seed production before have a kick around on these forums asa lots of good info. First thing i learned was that you need to let the seeds mature until they are dark with spots / stripes. I let em go until they are about to fall out of the bud on their own. However, this can conflict with where people want to harvest based on trichome opacity and color. Rule seems to be that young, pale colored seeds are not much use.

I think i prefer going from seed than cuttings now i have, hopefully got a good stock of known female seeds. Means i dont have to muck around with a continuous grow and can shut down from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom