Fox tailing 7-8wks into flowering good or bad?

Jarvos

I've searched to a good extent through the forums but have not found a conclusive answer to this question.
Is fox tailing late into flowering at the 7th or 8th week a good or bad thing, also any general reasons why plants do this? :thanks:

Here is an example of the plants, they are 7-8 weeks into flower (not exactly sure but should be end of 7th week):
FullSizeRender_4_20.jpg

FullSizeRender_5_14.jpg

FullSizeRender_2_34.jpg
FullSizeRender_3_25.jpg
FullSizeRender96.jpg
FullSizeRender_1_24.jpg

Seems like even the small buds are starting to have protruding growths that I can only assume is fox tailing, there is no way to view the trich's so that is the reason for my question of it being good or bad!
This has started in the last 2-4 days and the pictures do not "do" the buds justice as they appear roughly the thickness of an adults wrist.

it is normal with a lot of strains. Foxtailing is a good thing. generally means the flowers are ripened. most growers usually wait until they see foxtailing before they chop...but don't sweat it...happens on all my grows....and ive noticed that the less stress throughout the lifecycle of the plant increases the likelihood of foxtailing...just my input

Heat stress is even more damaging in the flowering stage since plant is no longer growing many new leaves. Indica-leaning strains are most prone to heat damage in the flowering stage. Heat damage during budding will reduce your yields by demolishing many of your most important leaves, while also causing buds to grow airy with ugly foxtails.

Heat during the flowering stage also causes fox-tails, which are airy and don't have much substance to them. The plant is basically "abandoning" the original heat-damaged bud to try to make a sad new one.

Heat stress is even more damaging in the flowering stage since plant is no longer growing many new leaves. Indica-leaning strains are most prone to heat damage in the flowering stage. Heat damage during budding will reduce your yields by demolishing many of your most important leaves, while also causing buds to grow airy with ugly foxtails.

Heat during the flowering stage also causes fox-tails, which are airy and don't have much substance to them. The plant is basically "abandoning" the original heat-damaged bud to try to make a sad new one.

I disagree that heat is the cause of foxtails. My temps never go above 73f and I've had some beautiful Foxtails on my some of my girls. I do believe it's strain dependant too.

Back
Top Bottom