Freaking local cops

CharlieMopps

Alright, imagine this, you're sitting out front your hous in your car with 3 buddies and you're smoking a cig (after smoking a bowl tho). Local cop pulls down the street doing his usual rounds. He sees us in the car all the time smoking cigs(its cold outside) and doesn't do shit. This time he stops and gets everybody's id. Pulls us all out the car and pats us all down. Takes my one buddie to the station cause he had his bowl on him(ticket for parafinalia). He let all the rest of us go. He didn't find cannabis on anybody or in the car(which he searched).

He had no probable cause to do anything. Right?

I looked it up, and the baton is cool to have on you. But if you're getting arrested for misconduct, having it on you could add 5 years to your sentance. Lucky i didn't do anything worth getting arrested.

Turns out, the cop saw our car at my buddies house and they're watching it cause they think my buddie is dealing(he is). So I don't think i'm gonna be going over there anymore.

Your question, "He had no probable cause to do anything. Right?" I am assuming you are referring to the search the officer conducted in your car. That depends on whether the officer searched your car before or after he/she found your buddies pipe on him while frisking him for a weapon?

A police officer can confront you outside of your home and request you identify yourself. For the police officers safety he/she can perform a "weapons frisk" If the police officer feels, something that feels, like a weapon while you are being patted down. He or she can remove it and a pipe my have appeared as a weapon to the police officer. Esp. since you were possessing an baton. Remember, they are NOT able to remove anything other than a weapon and that includes contraband.

Next time leave your pipes and drugs in the house!!! And if you find yourself in a car put everything in the glove box and lock it. When the officer ask to search your car you say; "No I do NOT give permission for my car to be searched". He will ask why? Your Fourth Amendment protects you. Denial of a search is not grounds for probable cause!! And the less you say the better, the police officer is NOT your friend he is there to arrest you. No matter how pretty he or she smiles at you. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom