Fresh water flush

914gman

Can someone please tell me if i have to do a fresh water flush? THE PLANTS ARE ABOUT 7 WEEKS AND THE TRICOMS LOOK READY

I GROW HYDRO TUBS

914gman

:420:

Good morning, Welcome to 420 magazine, and a Happy Fathers Day to you 914gman!

I think a bit more information would be useful to anyone wishing to formulate a credible response. We would want to know the medium/manner in which your growing. What stage of growth your plants are at, and what if anything has been fed or applied to the plants.

I know you'll find the memebers on this site to be tremendously helpful, generous in sharing their knowledge, and truly interested in seeing you grow successfully.

Happy Growing!

914gman,

Similar to Spimp, I have no first hand experience with Hydro. I'm terribly curious about it though so I've read through a ton of journals detailing various methods of Hydro growing. Most of these growers do incorporate a fresh water flush for the last week or two just prior to harvest.

I'm sure some Hydro growers will chime in with their recommendations.

Be well.

914gman,

Similar to Spimp, I have no first hand experience with Hydro. I'm terribly curious about it though so I've read through a ton of journals detailing various methods of Hydro growing. Most of these growers do incorporate a fresh water flush for the last week or two just prior to harvest.

I'm sure some Hydro growers will chime in with their recommendations.

Be well.

Are you familiar with Hempy growing? I may venture into this style befor too long. Its almost like a Hydro 101 for the cheap and lazys...like I said...ME!! :)

Are you familiar with Hempy growing? I may venture into this style befor too long. Its almost like a Hydro 101 for the cheap and lazys...like I said...ME!! :)

Hi Spimp,
Yes, familiar with the Hempy grows as well. If I were growing for quantity and speed would look at this for sure. It just doesn't appeal to me for the limited personal use/sharing with friend or two for which I grow. I smoke so little (like a 1/4 oz. will last me and my wife two months or more) that have all the time in world for a couple plants in soil to give me all I will need and then some.

I'll check it out, Thanks. Here's a question I can't seem to find an answer to, My bud seems to mature on top before the shady bottom bud, is it ok to to harvest (cut) the top bud leaving the bottom for a few more days????

914gman

Morning 914gman,

I have seen a number of folks report doing this and it makes perfect sense to me. You don't pick all the tomatoes off a plant, or apples off a tree, at the same time. Seems counterintuitive that every bud on a plant would be ready at the exact same moment.

I'll check it out, Thanks. Here's a question I can't seem to find an answer to, My bud seems to mature on top before the shady bottom bud, is it ok to to harvest (cut) the top bud leaving the bottom for a few more days????

914gman

Yes. The shock of the intial harvest will set them back a bit, so if you think they are a week behind, plan on two.

Back
Top Bottom