Freyin's First Grow - Attached Greenhouse - THC Bomb - 2015

Freyin

Hey guys this will be my first grow. I'm looking for your thoughts and Constructive input. Ill start of with my goals, location, and the setup i'm thinking about then we can go from there.
The goals
As stealthy as possible given the choice of location. So odor control, opaque panels and quiet operation is a must.
Inexpensive startup. As things progress I'll have more to invest but id like to get going for a few hundred bucks at most.
Low energy use. Ventilation should be my highest user of electricity but i'm still open to supplemental lighting for after sundown maybe led.
Low maintenance i'd like to be able to check on everything a couple times a week once everything is dialed in.

The area i'm using is about 5×10. I will be covering the top with either 6ml plastic or clear roof sheeting if i can get it cheap. For the walls I'm thinking panda sheeting maybe mylar but it's weak and noisy.

Air movement will come from a small oscillating fan. But the tricky part is the exhaust. This is an enclosed greenhouse in an area where temperatures top 120f in the summer but now that it's cooling into the 90s I think I can get away with a 400 cfm duct fan blowing through 20 ft of duct to mix the ozone (Ill get to that in a sec). This should exchange the volume of the room every 2 min or less accounting for losses in the ductwork and actual fan output. Odor control will be achieved by a pair of coronal discharge ozone plates just after the exhaust fan. This seems like the most effective and cheapest means of odor control and I can split them up next summer should I need a second exhaust for temperature control.
Now for the grow itself initially I was going to go with a soil grow in prodigiously preferred reusable shopping bags. But the advantages of hydro and simplicity of hempy buckets is sending me in that direction. I will be using dyna gro as its seams to be one of the more complete (and inexpensive) products and ill feed per the recommended schedule unless I run into Issues.

I'll be growing
3x THC Bomb Autoflowering Feminized Seeds (Bomb Seeds)
Variety Indica / Sativa
Strain Genetics THC Bomb x Auto Bomb
Flowering Type Autoflowering
Flowering Time 65 days from seed
Where to Grow Indoor, Outdoor
Plant Height 60-120cm
THC Content 18-22%
Yield 400-450g/m²
1x freebee Auto Lemon Skunk Fem (Canuk Seeds)
Variety Indica / Sativa
Strain Genetics Lemon Skunk x Lowryder #2
Flowering Type Autoflowering
Flowering Time 10 weeks from seed to flower
Where to Grow Indoor, Greenhouse, Outdoor
Harvest Month 10 weeks from seeds
Taste / Flavor Citrus, Skunk
CBD Content High
THC Content 12%
Yield 1-2 oz. per plant

With any luck ill be able to germ in the next
week and since I will be growing autos I figure Ill plant directly in the final hempy buckets with a wick to the germed seed.
Pics of the location will be posted when I get home.

So here is what I'm starting with. This is an old atrium garden kind of area that was attached to my master bathroom shower and has become nothing but wasted space. The main area is 10 by 5 and the extension on the side is about 18 feet long by 3 feet. For now all I'm going to use is the main 10 by 5 area and about 4 feet down the side area for ventilation and timer equipment. I'm hoping to get the 6 plants to fit in this area without too much issue. As they are autos and the reports on the THC bomb and auto lemon skunk are that they don't get too big. I'm fortunate because this area is south facing and receives a relatively good amount of direct sunlight although it is partially shaded it is very early in the morning and late in the afternoon. To help I will more than likely lift the plants higher and lower them as they get bigger to maximize the amount of direct Sun they get.

The last picture is my six little guys just after they've made it into their new jiffy plugs. The plan is to plant a sprouted ceilings directly into their final hempy pot homes. I don't believe the little bit of jiffy material around the base of the plant should cause much issue if anything it will be of advantage as I plan on running a wivk from the bottem of the hempy bucket bottom of the Jiffy Pop to the plug to help with initial moisture.

Anythoughts about the plan or helpful hints are welcome and thanks for looking

20150902_112428.jpg
20150902_112442.jpg
20150902_112225.jpg
20150902_112254.jpg
20150902_112603.jpg

A bit of progress to report Of the 6 seeds planted 4 are showing movement. 3 have sprouted and a fourth decided to so a a root first, this seems odd but I'm hoping it will be ok. I will be putting together my buckets in the next day or so With 50/50 vermiculite/perlite to help combat the High temps I will be growing In. For the last few days I have been monitoring the grow area temps and its going to be Hot the lowest low was 73f and the highest high was 130f!!!! so I see a real challenge in my future.

20150904_084329.jpg
20150904_084349.jpg
20150904_084403.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom