Frogs+plants+fungus gnats= ?

Sprouts McGee

I have fungus gnats outdoors and indoors will implementing frogs into my garden willl they eat those types of flies ,The frog was a leapord tadpole and now is a frog will he feed on them can someone please help being that i have such a huge garden and cant find cheap enough sand and neem oil cant be found in the house frogs sound like a great idea thank you all :thumb:

From what I understand, the adult fungus gnats aren't the problem - their larvae are. They live in the soil and eat your roots. I suppose if the frog ate all the gnats, then ate their offspring as they emerged from the soil, that would solve your problem.

But, a frog in the grow room doesn't sound like a good idea to me... under the intensity of an HPS light (or even cfl's) the frog would dry up quickly and perish, wouldn't it? I'd be afraid the frog would bring in other types of unwanted fugus / mold / lord knows what and you'd end up with bigger issues.

I can imagine the fog making a mistake and jumping and hitting the HID light and getting stuck to it...the resulting explosion of light and damages that would ensue....

How would you keep the frog in the growing area its own habitat. Not a bad idea if thought out right though. +reps for the idea now that I think of it!

Back
Top Bottom