From now 'til harvest

They are really looking good. I'm on vacation starting Sunday and I'll post pics. I figure 2 or 3 more weeks. The pistils haven't really started turning brown yet and the trichomes were all clear a week ago, but damn, bud machines.

They are really looking good. I'm on vacation starting Sunday and I'll post pics. I figure 2 or 3 more weeks. The pistils haven't really started turning brown yet and the trichomes were all clear a week ago, but damn, bud machines.

Good deal! The girl I chopped pretty hard is doing really good:slide: .All the trichs are still clear and the tips of the pistils have started to turn.Not sure how fragrant yours are but this one is downright stinky and soo sticky.Been battling cloudy rainy days for almost a week now!Kinda scares me without some good sunshine to finish up:scratchinghead:.I been checking for signs of mold everyday:phew:.I will take some pics later also.Peace brother!:thumb:

This is the same cola on the right taken 2 or 3 weeks ago.The pic on the left was taken last wednesday from the front of the cola..It doesnt look like all the trimming I did previously had much effect.
Photo_Collage_Maker_wtR9Cy.png

I'm thinking two weeks at the most? That probably means I should wait three though. It's all kind of weather dependent. We've had an awesome indian summer, but it could turn on a dime. I smoked a little popcorn bud off it, and it's two toke dope for this lightweight already. I'd probably chop early rather than try to fight bud rot or powdery mildew at the end. It's the first time I ever grew it, and I learned a lot, but I know beginners luck got me pretty far down this road.

On a completely different note I bought legal weed today. That was a trip. The owner encouraged me to sell him my excess, and when I told him I didn't even know what strain they were he told me "that's o.k., just make something up". Buyer beware. It is all tested for potency but I wonder about the use of chemicals.

Checked my girls today and I see some cloudy trichs!:slide:

They are nice and sticky also:grinjoint:

Right on. Mine seem to have turned the corner last night and went from a few amber pistils to mostly amber, and the trichomes are starting to cloud. Maybe sooner than I thought.

Yeah, I think we are running pretty close to finishing up!

I remember reading here to wait a extra week when you think they are ready.

I really need to do a taste test on mine to see.:smokin:

bet that was a high itself buying the weed !:goof:

Right on. Mine seem to have turned the corner last night and went from a few amber pistils to mostly amber, and the trichomes are starting to cloud. Maybe sooner than I thought.

Heck Yeah! Looks like yours will be done sooner than mine!:thumb:

Heck Yeah! Looks like yours will be done sooner than mine!:thumb:

Well crap, bud rot. Just a small spot on one bud hopefully caught early, but I started to chop. First I took the stem the infected cola was on, and cut out the rot, threw it away and hung the rest in the garage. I treated the ends nearest the rot with alcohol. Then I went out and chopped the main cola out of the plant that was infected and after disinfecting up the kitchen table I cleaned that. Guess I started thinking it was the most susceptible part of the plant, and I didn't want to lose it. Several good sized side stems and the cola itself was as big as my forearm with three distinct sections. My wife cracked up when she saw it on the kitchen table it's so massive to our reality. Hung that in the basement with a fan. Still have a ton to chop, thankfully I'm on vacation, but the rains are coming this weekend, and I think it's best to chop and enjoy the fruits of this learning experience. They were just so thick and moist, and the wind hasn't really blown here for a few days. Doesn't take long, glad I saw it.

Wow man,

That sure was a close one! Sure glad it happened now instead of 3 weeks earlier!:yikes:

I would probably try and put some sort of fan on them.You might be able to go a little longer.

Today was the first day in about 9 days we have had a full day of sunshine.

I could see a difference in trich development after one day of sunshine!

If my ladies look like they are continuing to fill out with this warm sunny weather I might let
them go a little longer.

Mold really scares the bajeezas out of me! I would be broken hearted if something tragic happened right now.

Probably will pull a sample tomorrow.How did you quick dry yours when you sampled it?:smokin:

Congrats brother, enjoy the fruits of your labor.Peace:welldone:

Hey Tony. I've still got one left and it's still looking good, but the mold came out of nowhere. Wishing yours the best luck possible. I'm going to try to get the other one to the bitter end, but the one I chopped was good practice, and was really close so I think it's all good. I dried the bud in the oven on the lowest temperature just until it got there, the took it out, into and envelope and over a light for an hour. Crappy taste, awesome result. I know I over reacted to the mold and should have run down to the store for some hydrogen peroxide but vacation boredom and ocd ran rampant. I cut and trimmed half the plant before reality set in. Peace dude, Ed.

Hey Nw,

Smoked a small bud from one of my girls today!

And let me tell you I am very pleased! I got a good body high but got that heady(energetic feeling!:smokin:

I took 3 average hits off my bamboo pipe.

The smoke was real thick!:smokin:

So, how did your harvest go?:hmmmm:

Hey Nw,

Smoked a small bud from one of my girls today!

And let me tell you I am very pleased! I got a good body high but got that heady(energetic feeling!:smokin:

I took 3 average hits off my bamboo pipe.

The smoke was real thick!:smokin:

So, how did your harvest go?:hmmmm:

O h yeah, and about the taste thing it was awful ! Its suppose to be nice outside for while so I might let her go longer

Harvesting the first plant was awesome. I'm dumbfounded by the size of the colas. They must be the stuff the growers and high muckly muck hippies smoked while I ran around buying popcorn buds thinking I was scoring dope :) I see my hardware store sells gallon mason jars and I think that's the way to go to cure these things. I hope I'm not drying them too fast but I have a high humidity reading in the room they are in, so I'm running a box fan 24/7. I have no idea on total yield, and have to buy a scale I guess. I've had to buy a bunch of crap to grow these, haha, they may not be as cost effective as I thought. Sure has been a good ride though, and such trip that I can put my love of gardening into the plant I've loved since I've been 12 years old legally. Wish it was just like a good organic potato, sold, traded, and given away.

I'll post pics of the first harvest hanging.

Oh, yeah, the second plant still looks beautifully healthy. Reaches for the sun and sucks up the water. She's building really pretty bud and is turning deep purple/black for fall. I'm going to try to get it as far as a I can.

Good luck with yours and congrats on producing smokola!

Yeah, I remember those days also during my teenage years thinking my dealers weed was the bomb but then a party or two
on the rich side of town changed all that when some wealthy older kids pulled out some hardcore indica with seeds the size of bb's and I was like damn wtf?!:passitleft:

I havent seen any gallon jars only 1/2 gal.around here.I got about 18 1/2 gal.jars nice and clean just waiting.:surf:

From what I have read here the humidity should stay between 50 and 57.

I am so ready for next season already! Got me a really nice location picked out !:theband:

Cant wait to see those pics.Peace Brother

Back
Top Bottom