Frost bitten Girl!

mrs hi

The frost bit our girl last night :( We are not expecting any more frost for a couple of days and have been in the process of cutting off buds for the last 10 days, she is still huge, question is we have taken off frost damage black leaves and cut down more buds, should we just harvest the lot or see how she goes....... the buds don't look damaged, I'm after the best pain relief I can get from her. my husband the best stone?
Apart from the obvious black leaves what damage are we looking for?

I can't express the sadness, fear, shock and joy that we have been through today. A far cry from yesterday, the in,laws popping round for tea and cake, with a big bag of home grown for us.

Thoughts or advice pls

The Mrs x

Hi Wixhigh we are expecting a mixture of sunshine then heavy rain but no frost....... scary part is she gets first morning sun!
We have no tent and cannot erect one or risk making her too obvious.

sorry sunshine and showers for a few days then heavy rains at the end of the week........ if we can believe what the weather man says, no frost!

In the ground, she was a v unexpected plant.... we just chucked her in thinking she was dead as a seedling! Can't dig her up she's 6ft.
The quick dried smoke we tried from first cut was v nice but of course v harsh! Just chop her then?
Thanks for your help I guess tomorrow will be full harvest :Namaste:

Thanks both of you, we will def harvest, no point in being greedy and ending with nothing, plus i cant cope with the worrying of her any longer in this weather!

:Namaste:

In the ground, she was a v unexpected plant.... we just chucked her in thinking she was dead as a seedling! Can't dig her up she's 6ft.
The quick dried smoke we tried from first cut was v nice but of course v harsh! Just chop her then?
Thanks for your help I guess tomorrow will be full harvest :Namaste:

If it was harsh then....what day is the rain coming, how far into the week? or will it be on and off? Because you can get a good flush in. If its not to cold outside I would say water real good with luke warm water today and wait 2 days before harvest. That way all the extra nutes is out of the plants system. Maybe that will be a bit better on the smoking. Other then that If you chop tomorrow then have a long curing process. That should get the harshness of it out

If it was harsh then....what day is the rain coming, how far into the week? or will it be on and off? Because you can get a good flush in. If its not to cold outside I would say water real good with luke warm water today and wait 2 days before harvest. That way all the extra nutes is out of the plants system. Maybe that will be a bit better on the smoking. Other then that If you chop tomorrow then have a long curing process. That should get the harshness of it out

Nutes? nutrients? we haven't fed her any.
I think the heavy rains arriving on thursday and staying........ figures am having a party on friday!
We plan to cure for a month, the first cure was done on a heater (I'm almost ashamed to admit our quick dry but we so wanted to taste her, I will bow to anyone who can wait a whole month to taste!) the first smoke was really harsh then 2 days later not so bad, she tasted fruity.
Whilst there is no frost...... it's cold out, heating on. jumper on!

Oh the other half just came in from trimming todays buds........ we have rot starting! wah done deal then she will be cropped!
Excuse me i feel quite ill now and must go smoke and inspect the damage:(
biab to update

Nutes? nutrients? we haven't fed her any.
I think the heavy rains arriving on thursday and staying........ figures am having a party on friday!
We plan to cure for a month, the first cure was done on a heater (I'm almost ashamed to admit our quick dry but we so wanted to taste her, I will bow to anyone who can wait a whole month to taste!) the first smoke was really harsh then 2 days later not so bad, she tasted fruity.
Whilst there is no frost...... it's cold out, heating on. jumper on!

Fast curing will have the harsh smoke. I think theres a curing machine that you can buy. But theres also the microwave or hang them over the heater instead laying them on there. I would love to see the buds. Upload some pics after the harvest :thumb:

Oh the other half just came in from trimming todays buds........ we have rot starting! wah done deal then she will be cropped!
Excuse me i feel quite ill now and must go smoke and inspect the damage:(
biab to update

All this talking about smoking and curing called for some good smoke :rollit:

Yeah, I'd like to see pics of that.

um some one is gonna have to help me with getting pics on to here!

We've cut and trimmed, things are not looking so bad, clearly I need to chillax more :hippy:

I had a pair of plants that got zapped by the frost several times. I covered them but to no avail. I harvested the frost damaged buds and they smoked good. I left them until the frost was going to happen several times in the week. I decided to harvest them and got these tiny little buds but the stuff does the job...In northern MN. You almost have to go auto flower in order to grow outside. 12/12 doesn't start until the frost comes. Back to the grow tent..Germinating some Skunk.

Hi All, sorry for the delay, this week has been hell for migraines with no let up so far.
When me head eases I'll try to get the pics up.
Apart from a few black leaves and assuming frost causes rot, a bit of rot, there isn't much damage.......

Party this weekend, will be our 3rd night off in 4 years, so planning to make the most of it! It was so tempting to quick dry for the occasion but no, we have made more cake!

Thanks for the support peeps, I'll sort those pics!
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom