Fungus or caterpillar damage

Gee

I went outside this morning and found a caterpillar on the tips of some of my new growth. I noticed a few days ago that a leaf had a few holes but it progressed.

On the same plant, leaves started looking funky in the last few days ( coincidence?). At first glance it reminded me of that fungus fruit trees get but realize the last two days here were hot and I didn’t put my shade cloth over the girls.

I know how to handle these little worms but I’m more concerned about these leaves. In your opinion were they likely chomped on and when the heat hit them they curled????? It’s so coincidental that only one plant was effected by this curl
F3C9BB88-EC9A-4127-932F-85E7843F2761.jpeg

Definitely a bug... bugs eat holes. As far as the shriveled up leaf, it is hard to tell from one amputated leaf what is going on. If there are other damaged leaves like that, keep them on the plant and give us a picture of the damage where it is occurring. That will help a lot, but a picture of one shriveled leaf sitting on a desk does not tell us a lot. I do know that it is NOT a lack of water... it would not look like this.

Definitely a bug... bugs eat holes. As far as the shriveled up leaf, it is hard to tell from one amputated leaf what is going on. If there are other damaged leaves like that, keep them on the plant and give us a picture of the damage where it is occurring. That will help a lot, but a picture of one shriveled leaf sitting on a desk does not tell us a lot. I do know that it is NOT a lack of water... it would not look like this.

Was just outside
2A80D7E0-FDCF-41AA-8C99-548D3593E7F9.jpeg
70FFFF82-1AA9-4775-BC76-01A003B720FE.jpeg

yep, that is bug damage for sure... look to our sponsors for a good natural repellent, or look in my tutorials for my lactobaciilus serum... it is good stuff to spray on your plants as a preventative.

So you feel the leaf curling is part of the same bug problem?

Back
Top Bottom