Gator's Dirty Apollo 11 & Fruitbowl Grow

GatorGumbo

2 Main Strains: Brothers Grimm Apollo 11 (AE), Karma Genetics Fruitbowl Fem. (FB)
2 Secondary Strains: Expert Seeds Critical Lights Fem. (CL), ACE Golden Tiger (GT)
Sativa - Golden Tiger (Thai x Malawi)
Sativa Dominant - Apollo 11 (Genius x C99)
Hybrid - Fruitbowl (Fruity Pebbles OG x Mandarina)
Mostly Indica - Critical Lights (Critical x NL#5)
Soil:
FFOF, 18oz cups, 2gal fabric pots
PH of media: 5-7
Light:
Two 600w LED
Nutes:
FoxFarm Bloom @ variable
CaliMagic @ 1ml:1L
White vinegar (PH adjuster)
Baking soda (PH adjuster)
Details:
Temp of room/cab: 74-80F variable
CO2: None added
RH of room/cab: 30-80% variable
Carbon scrubber: Single
Any pests: TBD
Germination rate: 100%
Veg time: 4 weeks of 16/8
Flower time: Apollo 11: TBD, Fruitbowl: TBD
Yield: Apollo 11: TBD, Fruitbowl: TBD

This is my first personal indoor grow, I'm keeping it simple and not try pushing the plants too hard. This is a totally different game for me compared to outdoor, if anyone has any pointers or tips feel free to sound off. I mostly just want to select keepers and see how they grow normally, as well as get a few seeds and pollen. In the future I will use a proper soil culture, molasses/coconut water, silica, and a fulvic & humic acid additive. Right now I just want to get a feel for this baseline setup and watch the plants before throwing down on some real nutes and amendments.

The Golden Tiger will likely take twice as long to flower so there are only two of them, a Malawi/hybrid pheno and a Thai pheno, both set to be relegated to the corners given they survive the Amish beauty pageant after 12/12. They are also around 3 weeks older than everything else. The Apollo 11 had a seedling breaking soil within 48 hours of the start of its germination, which was neat. The Critical Lights won't ever move out of their SOLO starter cups so that I can pollinate them or outright remove them if need be down the road without too many tears, I anticipate having more than enough keepers from the AE and FB for my space but I could be wrong. One of the CL seeds has sprouted an extra volunteer "runt" seedling as well, which is interesting.

I'd like to end up with AE pollen, AE seeds, AExFB seeds, and two selected FB clones. We'll see if the FB comes through in the end with enough fruitiness for me to dedicate the space for two mothers— I expect they will be very good overall but my selection criteria for them is focused on terpene mix exclusively. AE selection criteria for males and females is based on citrus terpenes and apparent potency/resin. I should pull more than enough yield for just myself this round to last me through a new grow of GT and Moonshine Haze, but I'll cross that bridge when I'm ready to burn it. Kali Mist has been calling my name for awhile as well, I just have no desire to breed it at all so I've put it on the back burner in favour of some unique crosses. Hopefully I can afford CO2 around the time I'm ready for her.

I suppose that's enough backstory and musings for now, on with the show. I'll get some more pictures once they are old enough to display their differences better, right now it's just a bunch of seedlings.

Attachments

• 2 GT and CL with runt.jpg
    2 GT and CL with runt.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Apollo 11 seedling.jpg
    Apollo 11 seedling.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 87
Thanks a lot for the words of encouragement, hopefully I can pull them through past the seedling stage without stressing them too much. This is my first time in starter cups, so just getting a feel for the watering schedule has me on my toes.

The Apollo 11 I chose because Cinderella 99 seeds were pretty expensive, and I wanted C99 for an "up" grapefruit type of smoke. Hopefully I can find a Genius pheno for that. The Fruitbowl I chose for something that will help me get to sleep, the grow reports on the other Karma Genetics strains also sparked my interest in them. It's said to be a hybrid but I've heard it grows a lot like an indica, and there is supposed to be Udub somewhere close in its genetics. The Critical Lights fems were freebies, as long as they don't herm I'll be happy. The Golden Tiger is because I've never had Thai or Malawi and am a bit eager to try.

Here are the breeder's strain profiles:
Apollo 11: Apollo 11.jpg
Our big-yielding, lime-citrus scented female clone named “Genius” due to her clear, energetic, thought-provoking high was crossed with a robust Cinderella 99 male to create Apollo Eleven. Expect little variation among individual females – they are all short, bushy plants with multitudes of dense, extremely resinous bud sites – perfect for SCROG as well as SOG style growing. The smoke has a sweet, tropical fruit flavor. The high is upbeat & happy.
Flowering time 55-63 days.

Fruitbowl:Fruitbowl.jpg
As the name says it a complex combination of fruit flavors with citrus as the overtone. Grows with a good hybrid vigor . Medium to high yields. It’s like a sweet fruit salad on a spring morning. But don't underestimate the kick it gives.
Flowering time 56-63 days.

Golden Tiger:Golden Tiger.jpg
In Golden Tiger we have combined different extremely potent and resinous sativas from Malawi and Thailand. The outcome is a 100 % sativa hybrid with great vegetative strength, remarkable for its overpowering potency and its exceptional floral traits. The flowers overflow, forming dense buds with little leaves. The trichomes are huge, plentiful and loaded with powerful cannabinoids.

This current version of Golden Tiger has stronger Thai influence, is better yielding and has more refined aromas than the previous one. Golden Tiger currently contains 2 Thai strains (Koh Chang Thai and Hmong Thai), and 2 different Malawi parental plants: the old killer Malawi and a 3rd generation Malawi male (brother of New Malawi killer).

Golden Tiger is an excellent alternative to the haze sativas. It will fascinate the most demanding growers, looking for new sativa experiences of the highest order.
Flowering time 70-112 days.

Critical Lights:Critical Lights.jpg
Critical Lights is a great all round strain for beginners and experienced growers. She is a medium to tall plant, which produces great yields with a heavy leaf to flower ratio. Branches tend to snap if not supported due to heavy bud formation. She has a fantastic spicy and fruity taste, which gives off a spicy aroma from the Northern Lights No5 and a hint of fruit from the Critical. Critical Lights is sought after by both recreational and medicinal users.
Flowering time 56 days.

One of my favorite strains is Fruity Pebbles. The Fruitbowl sounds delicious! BTW you can afford C02 brotha...Look up HomeGrown C02 bags. I have the 365($40.) Last 1 year. I dont Flower without them! Luv the strains BTW!

Look up HomeGrown C02 bags.

I saw those and have been wanting to try them, some of the reviews I've seen are all over the place though. A bigger hurdle would be high temperature in a sealed grow space with my lights, but I need to actually get the numbers for that situation and do some more research on how high I can raise temps with CO2. I'm not really pushing for yield at all but it would be nice to have.

Yea Brotha, dont do anything until you learn about it. You can run a little hot with C02. Ive always found it fun learning about something new with Cannabis! Check those bags out online n do your homework bud, enjoy✌

Update #1:

It is with a great sadness that I had to pull all the CL and GT, although they performed admirably for their limited time. I have more seeds for them in the future. I have moved the six FB into their final pots (true 2 gallons) which resulted in others getting pushed out of the light. They would have stretched or leaned and need a lot of tending in an extremely packed canopy space, so I retired them. Had an onset of irresponsible parenting guilt as I dispatched them, but was good to now know I can over/under water and train the GT super young.

Fruitbowl I hear should stay relatively short so I would like to give them more veg time. Unfortunately, because of the smaller pots, they don't really have the dirt for that and their root growth appears to be above average as well. One of them has had a chlorophyll or soil hotspot issue. It sprouted with a neon yellow-green colour and has been acutely behind the others in growth, thankfully it has taken to darkening its leaves finally.

Six Apollo 11 will be transplanted after sexing. Select females will then move on to their final six pots, with one or two of the males removed to another space while being kept in their starter cups strictly for pollen collection. Hoping for a Genius heavy pheno somewhere. The pollen donors will have their traits documented for archiving.

Will update again in a couple weeks when I make the light schedule change.

Attachments

• FB in 2 gallon.jpg
    FB in 2 gallon.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 84
Update #2:

The FB have been doing very well, they are Indica in appearance with great consistency from one plant to the next. They started to reek their very first morning after the lighting change. At first they smelled like Cheetos and burnt gunpowder, almost like Skunk, but they have since gotten a bit of a peppery Kush undertone replacing some of the sulfuric notes. They're one of the loudest plants I have ever smelled, they really steal the show, hopefully they turn fruity soon and stay just as pronounced. The runt of their litter had sprouted with an issue and is a bit behind still, I have not been able to accelerate it to match the others. I have good faith it will be a decent smoke all the same in the end since it is completely healthy.

The Apollo 11 in cups have been doing well also, though I wasn't lucky enough to find a Genius heavy phenotype in my batch of twelve. They don't especially smell very much, and among the FB they can't be detected at all. Variation is slight between them, a few have stretched a bit more but otherwise they are consistent. Their stem rubs tells me that they will mostly smell unique compared to each other, though I will have to wait and see what kind of character it may equate to after all is said and done. They have been somewhat behind the FB in making the switch to flowering, which I anticipated due to their more Sativa leaning genetics and the early switch.

All in all the grow is going swimmingly, so well that I've decided to pop six Moonshine Haze regular seeds today. They will be put into a veg chamber in 2 gallon pots for about 2 months until they move into the then empty flowering chamber and larger 5 gallon pots. The FB/AE mothers that I expect to be worth saving will then move into the veg chamber, and whatever room is leftover in there, probably 3 plants, will be dedicated to the long-flowering Golden Tiger.

This journal has been cancelled due to 420 Magazine's business practices. For those who were following along I apologize, but I will no longer contribute to this forum.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom