Geminating seeds gone bad?

FlyBoy

Situation: i ve put 4xblueberry and 4x ice seeds into water on the sunday evening(now its friday). Some seeds did open and i can see some white think...but it didnt came out yet. Some seeds even didnt open yet...For how long do you think i leave them in the water before i throw them away if nothing happens? So in short some are open but nothing came out yet after 5 days, some are closed...I dont know about that...in previous round white widow came out after a 3 days, but this is lasting for 5 days now and some of them are not open yet...

If they have been sitting in straight water that long they may have drowned. If you go with straight water just do over night before going to damp wet paper towel. Personally I do not use the straight water I just use damp rockwool or or damp paper towel.

i do moist rockwall, and have only had problems once, and that was with a new different set of seeds, otherwise i have 100% success with them, usually they appear after 2 days or so

so they can drown..

so the best way to germinate, is to take
the seed and place it in a damp
paper towel?

How long should it take?

:peace:

From now on i use method that i put them into water and wait untill they sink, then i put them in the wet paper tower and they pop out :D

a method that gave me 100% germination, is to put them between the paper towels on a plate, put a sheet of plastic wrap over the plate but dont seal it. then place it on top of a cable box. my seed had a root in less that 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom