General Hydroponics Nutrient schedule RDWC

Gambit79

So I tried this Basic Feedchart Generator using the expert program and can you guess what happened? Plants got burned of course. The "simple program" suggests 10ml/gl of Micro and Gro and 5ml/gl Bloom. The expert program with all the additives suggests half that with 5ml Micro and Grow, and 2.5 ml Bloom keeping a 2-2-1 ratio but half as much (obv to compensate for nutes found in the additives) I have also seen this schedule suggested
Untitled.jpg
It is obviously much lower concentration with 1/2 a tsp being 2.5 ml per gallon for all of the base nutrients. (Late Veg stage) Also the ratios are different. GH charts recommend 2-2-1 for late veg, and the chart above seems to be a 1-1-1.

Any recommendations on a good recipe using GH would be appreciated. Also I can adjust by PPM and currently keeping them at around 500 ppm, but I am more concerned with the ratios. I have even seen "the Capn" The Captain's Nutrient Recipe - Dude Grows recipe which looks do-able but it calls for
2ml/gal Flora Micro
1ml/gal Flora Bloom
3ml/gal Flora Grow
Which is way less than any of these charts, and a 3-2-1 ratio. Suggestions please. I am using RDWC with Mars Hydro 3000 light, and a water chiller and RO water. Nutrients I have at my disposal to use:
Micro
Gro
Bloom
Rapid Start
Floralicious plus
Armor Si
Diamond Nectar
Flora Blend
Calimagic

Can anyone vouch for the Capn recipe? P.S. I dunno if it matters but I like manifolding the plants so I generally do a long veg.

This is what I use. I find it pretty dialed in for the most part, except I cut the ppms in half. The nutrient doses represent more of a ratio than an exact amount, as far as ec is concerned. I run sterile, so no rapid start, Floralicious, Diamond Nector, Floranector, or florablend for me.
I figured out the ppms for 1ml of each nutrient in 1 gallon of water.
Armor Si . . 40 ppm (700 scale)
Calmag . . 95 ppm
Micro . . . . 105 ppm
Grow . . . . . 50 ppm
Bloom . . . . 40 ppm
Liquid KB . . 100 ppm

Maybe that will help you.

Screenshot_20190701-225331_Drive.jpg

This is what I use. I find it pretty dialed in for the most part, except I cut the ppms in half. The nutrient doses represent more of a ratio than an exact amount, as far as ec is concerned. I run sterile, so no rapid start, Floralicious, Diamond Nector, Floranector, or florablend for me.
I figured out the ppms for 1ml of each nutrient in 1 gallon of water.
Armor Si . . 40 ppm (700 scale)
Calmag . . 95 ppm
Micro . . . . 105 ppm
Grow . . . . . 50 ppm
Bloom . . . . 40 ppm
Liquid KB . . 100 ppm

Maybe that will help you.

Screenshot_20190701-225331_Drive.jpg
So to make sure I understand right this chart (I was looking at this one too) does have the right ratios I just need to cut them in half? So for example a 4 gallon bucket for late growth would have 20ml micro, 20ml Gro, and 10 ml Bloom with 10ml Calmag? From there I would just add RO water to bring the PPM down if needed or mix some stronger with same ratios to bring it up? The chart recommends a PPM range of 950 - 1400 so I want to aim for 500 - 700? Just making sure I am doing it right. ^^ Also what does sterile mean? Do these additives do something to make the water not sterile?

Yes you are correct. When (r)dwc is done correctly, the plant with be constantly drinking. Because of this, we have to use less nutes. Same principle as constantly snacking small amounts all day as opposed to 2 large meals. It keeps the plants metabolism consistently high, which in turn leads to more growth.
I find about 40% of the dose seems perfect. So in your example 16ml micro 16ml grow 8ml bloom and 8ml calmag. However it is a pain in the ass to raise ec compared to lowering it, so I mix on the high side and dilute from there. Keep in mind every plant is different. In late veg, I'm normally around 500-560 ppm (0.7 - 0.8 ec) sometimes as low as 450, sometimes as high as 650.

I'd recommend a silica additive like Armor Si. It's great and even more important if youre doing manifolding.

Sterile just means running without any beneficial bacteria or microbes. Those other products are meant to feed microbes and promote bennies and thus useless in my system. I use H2O2 35% at 1ml/gallon. Keeps my roots clean and healthy and increases the amount of available O2 in the res (good for 4-5 days).

Yes you are correct. When (r)dwc is done correctly, the plant with be constantly drinking. Because of this, we have to use less nutes. Same principle as constantly snacking small amounts all day as opposed to 2 large meals. It keeps the plants metabolism consistently high, which in turn leads to more growth.
I find about 40% of the dose seems perfect. So in your example 16ml micro 16ml grow 8ml bloom and 8ml calmag. However it is a pain in the ass to raise ec compared to lowering it, so I mix on the high side and dilute from there. Keep in mind every plant is different. In late veg, I'm normally around 500-560 ppm (0.7 - 0.8 ec) sometimes as low as 450, sometimes as high as 650.

I'd recommend a silica additive like Armor Si. It's great and even more important if youre doing manifolding.

Sterile just means running without any beneficial bacteria or microbes. Those other products are meant to feed microbes and promote bennies and thus useless in my system. I use H2O2 35% at 1ml/gallon. Keeps my roots clean and healthy and increases the amount of available O2 in the res (good for 4-5 days).
Thanks for the help ^^ I was running my Critical Bilbo at full strength expert line around 900 ppm. It was doing great for awhile but now it has severe nute burn. (lesson learned, less is more) Flushed the res with RO water for 24 hours and just started this nute mix on them at 500 ppm. It hasn't gone up or down since yesterday, and PH is climbing. Water level went down a little. So hopefully see PPM go down tomorrow if not I will continue to lower it to 450. Luckily I am still in veg, this would have sucked in flower. I am pretty sure I can save them though..... I hope. Kinda worried cause the tops look burned.

20210102_144606_Film4.jpg

20210102_144621_Film4.jpg

20210102_144630_Film4.jpg

That's not that bad for nute burn, trust me. The 24 hrs of straight ro might have been a tad unnecessary as opposed to just changing to 500. The new growth is pretty pale but it'll bounce back. If the 500ppm is staying stable, that's good, dont adjust up or down. Just adjust ph if it moves. 5.9-6.0 perfect for late veg.

That's not that bad for nute burn, trust me. The 24 hrs of straight ro might have been a tad unnecessary as opposed to just changing to 500. The new growth is pretty pale but it'll bounce back. If the 500ppm is staying stable, that's good, dont adjust up or down. Just adjust ph if it moves. 5.9-6.0 perfect for late veg.
Thanks mate ^^ Hopefully if they gain about another 3 inches I will know it is safe to start them in flower...... With a much simpler regimen than 9 different nutes.

So I tried this Basic Feedchart Generator using the expert program and can you guess what happened? Plants got burned of course. The "simple program" suggests 10ml/gl of Micro and Gro and 5ml/gl Bloom. The expert program with all the additives suggests half that with 5ml Micro and Grow, and 2.5 ml Bloom keeping a 2-2-1 ratio but half as much (obv to compensate for nutes found in the additives) I have also seen this schedule suggested
Untitled.jpg
It is obviously much lower concentration with 1/2 a tsp being 2.5 ml per gallon for all of the base nutrients. (Late Veg stage) Also the ratios are different. GH charts recommend 2-2-1 for late veg, and the chart above seems to be a 1-1-1.

Any recommendations on a good recipe using GH would be appreciated. Also I can adjust by PPM and currently keeping them at around 500 ppm, but I am more concerned with the ratios. I have even seen "the Capn" The Captain's Nutrient Recipe - Dude Grows recipe which looks do-able but it calls for
2ml/gal Flora Micro
1ml/gal Flora Bloom
3ml/gal Flora Grow
Which is way less than any of these charts, and a 3-2-1 ratio. Suggestions please. I am using RDWC with Mars Hydro 3000 light, and a water chiller and RO water. Nutrients I have at my disposal to use:
Micro
Gro
Bloom
Rapid StartFloralicious plus
Armor Si
Diamond Nectar
Flora Blend
Calimagic

Can anyone vouch for the Capn recipe? P.S. I dunno if it matters but I like manifolding the plants so I generally do a long veg.
I've had luck with the Lucas formula. Then if RO water is 0
ppm I used Calimagic at
dosage on bottle.

Back
Top Bottom