getting the most out of a bong

stoned_seabass

ive got a bong, but im not sure im using it correctly. i know, your probably thinking i have to be dumb to not know how to do this corectly, but when i smoke, i feel like im not getting that much from it. its got a carb, which i release and all that good stuff at the right times, but im just not sure if its how strongly im trying to suck up the smoke or what. any thoughts would be nice

1. Put weed in bowl.
2. Put mouth on mouthpiece.
3. Apply flame to bowl.
4. Suck as hard as you can, until you almost can't.
5. Release the carb and suck it AAAALL back.
6. Hold in, if desired.
7. Lather, rinse, and repeat.

Are you breaking up the buds before you put them in a bowl? I find that it burns a lot slower when you don't, so try breaking it up first.

EDIT: Are your water levels good??

If its your first time smoking out of a bong, or a good one, then alot of times it will feel like you arent getting in anysmoke becasue it hits so smooth. I know when I first hit a bong, I didnt know I had inhaled at all, because I was so used to smoking blunts and joints. Dunno just a guess.
-Mike

Really? I found the opposite...
My first few times with a bong HUUURT and made me cough like a motherfucker.

Different strokes for different folks?

ya everyone i know always complains about how hard bongs rip but really for me its pretty smooth and always have been

is it wierd for someone not to cough? like just when smoking in general. i dont tend to and everyone thinks its crazy theyve even tried their best with gravity bongs and crazy blunts but still not much more than a light cough and nothing hmmmmmm

It really all depends really on the smoker and the bong. Alot of homemade peices aren't made right, which makes it harder to get the smoke traveling. Also if you smoke cancer sticks bongs probally aren't for you.

Scarecrow said:
Also if you smoke cancer sticks bongs probally aren't for you.

Why? I smoke cancer sticks (I really need to quit, but can never force myself) and I love smoking bongs, but i started bongs before cancer sticks. Just a sidenote to all of you: If you thinking about smoking cigs, DONT!

I think cigs are alright if you just wanna calm down, but don't make it a habbit.
But yeah alot of times when I hit a bong (including homesmades) I can't even tell im inhaling, I think its great. I don't cough at all if im using a peice, but if im smoking a blunt or joint I will cough sometimes.

Good way to cough your brains out if you don't know what you're doing.

I always laugh at people that produce the milkiest of hits, and then end up coughing before they even get to the good stuff.

SeXy VeXy said:

I always laugh at people that produce the milkiest of hits, and then end up coughing before they even get to the good stuff.

Very true. I know some people though who can cash the whole damn bowl in one hit and the bong looks WHITE. Crazy. Some people can really rip.

you tend to get more smoke if you take it slow if you shot gun your bong load your not burning all the bud and a good amount pulls through unburnt

Wanna know a way to stop that irritating chronic :cough: ? Try doin' the double bonghit, hold it it, then blow what you can out your nose....Trust me. If you do, you will actually get more of a buzz...why you may ask? Because the nose has more blood vessels and sensors that travel quicker to your brain than your mouth. Not that you should ever place a bubbler to your nose and smoke....but blowing smoke out your nose is the best way to not hack.

My two cents...take or leave it!

Shaggy:bongrip: :bongrip: Nunya

^^^Very good advice.
That can actually help with bongs too. Hit as much as you can from the bong, exhale from your nose, and then remove the shotgun and suck the rest back. Helps prevent coughing.

SeXy VeXy said:

hitting a bong in general is a good way to cough ur brains out if u dont know waht ur doing, or even if u do. the question was how do u get the most out of a bong thought right?? well, getting it real milky will get you higher than sucking really hard and sucking through a bunch of unburn herb...

besides, coughing gets you more blazed.

and fortunately for me, its very rare that a get a hit to big and milky to be able to clear it :)

SeXy VeXy said:
^^^Very good advice.
That can actually help with bongs too. Hit as much as you can from the bong, exhale from your nose, and then remove the shotgun and suck the rest back. Helps prevent coughing.

I am sorry but I hate when I see a friend take the bong and fill it up with a hit, exhale, then take the rest. I have a roommate that does this and it agitates me when I pack the bowl and he does this bc it is like taking 3 hits. When you are smoking someone elses weed this is not the way to go. Take what you can clear. When smoking by yourself fine, but u shouldn't take away other people's hits if you can't clear a bong...

bong loads are meant to be personal if you're sharing pack it in your pipe or roll one up. I almost always cear in one hit as well as most of my friends. It's just the way it's done around here I guess

mixmaster_matt said:
I am sorry but I hate when I see a friend take the bong and fill it up with a hit, exhale, then take the rest. I have a roommate that does this and it agitates me when I pack the bowl and he does this bc it is like taking 3 hits. When you are smoking someone elses weed this is not the way to go. Take what you can clear. When smoking by yourself fine, but u shouldn't take away other people's hits if you can't clear a bong...
Doing this isn't taking a double hit, it just allows you to actually clear all the smoke in the chamber....
I think I understand your point, but my friends and I only fill the chamber (therefore the first exhalation is pretty much nothing) and THEN clear that beastly milky goodness... If I can clear it in one shot, I will. But sometimes you end up with a thick nasty mess you wouldn't normally be able to do. I don't know about you, but I'd rather somebody do that then leave nasty stale smoke in my bong for the next person.
jimmybong said:
what i do is watch the chamber fill up..once i see its full i exhale through my nose then i rip her on up!!
LOL, which is what I was saying in the first place!
At least someone is on the same page as me ;)

Back
Top Bottom