Getting too carried away with cutting off fan leaves in flowering

shmeeze16

I might have cut off too many fan leafs mid flower stage, the past 2 weeks the buds are becoming much much more leafy then last time when i did not cut off many leafs at all. Will this cause leafy buds???

I might have cut off too many fan leafs mid flower stage, the past 2 weeks the buds are becoming much much more leafy then last time when i did not cut off many leafs at all. Will this cause leafy buds???

Ok a little late to tell you this. But i usually don't remove hole fan leafs i try to only remove 1-2 fingers if possible. most times its just one "finger" of the leaf that gives me shadow on a bud, or the tips of some fingers on a leaf. This technique works great for me. you can remove 20, 40, 60% of the fan leafs without removing a single full leaf. and they will still provide most light to the bud they are supplying with light.

im doing that with this one for an example, its at day 30 in bloom, only using a 90w Ufo my buds Don't get fluffy at all at the end. Rock hard buds

A Bud from a Roadrunner Auto strain that is usually pretty Leafy and fluffy on the bud site according to many growers.

you could also do something like this picture under here. This is one of the Autos at 42dayz from germination with a ruff start in life. living in my garden patch untill i got an Ufo it got dickslapped my heavy rain and even two times hail and ended up like the picture upbove around day 60-65, it got under the ufo at 30 days old. :goodjob: Tiny Ufo

:Namaste:

You will be fine. Week 4 I do a major Defoiliation and look at my results
DSC_09331.JPG
DSC_09463.JPG

What setup do you grow with?

maybe the strength/type of the light should also be taken a bit into consideration when trimming the leafs? back when i grew with 1200w hps i hydro, i would maybe trim a bit more agressive, than i do now with my small closet grow and the 90w ufo. With my ufo the plants just seem to do better at Budding, when i do my "mafioso style clip a finger or two technique" :D with the HPS i mostly just fimmed the shit out of them anf took away leafs that was fucking with me, to get good yields. Now with LED i also have to LST with the FIM to use my light to its full potential do to less penetration of light tru the canopy. with my LED light i find that i've switched from raw power american pick-up trucks HPS lamps. to a japanese chiptuned streetracer. best driven with different techniques and for different purposes :)

maybe you should see this as a chance to find the most useful technique for your setup. Find tree, eight, seventy (depending on what space is available) of your favorite growers online. Check out their techniques make tree plant, one with each method. i use to do alot of site to site comparison when i started up. well best of luck to your and your plants

:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom