Getting your OCBC Card

Happy Kitty

Yesterday, I finally went and got my OCBC Card(Oakland Cannabis Buyer's Cooperative). I was so excited that I would now be able to visit many more clubs than I had previously.

Walking in the door, was a very clean, neat head shop. Lots of book, pipes, clothing, and knowledge. The salespeople were very helpful and took the time to talk to you if you had questions. We had a discussion about bubble hash, but sadly that was way over my head, but something new to educate myself about.

The card area was in the back. It looked surprisingly like the Department of Motor Vehicles. You got in line, waited your turn behind the line, and when you were called you presented your information, they made sure it was in order. They then gave you a form to fill out. Do yourself a favor, get the paper and fill it out either in line or before. Because when you are done, you get BACK in line. They give you a ticket to pay, you wait until your name is called. They make your card, and you are done. But, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE NECESSARY PAPERWORK!!! I saw so many turned away bacause they didn't have the right paperwork. If you aren't sure, there is plenty of information in the forum on what you need. Also, they have to verify your information, and it was a problem for some. We came and went when many people were still there. The best that I can tell about this is that we went to a MediCann clinic, and apparently that makes it very easy to verify. It's not a plug for them, it just the way I saw it. I was told by the clerk when I asked about verifying, and she said mine would be easy.

It was very busy, so make sure you allow yourself time. All told, we were there about 90 minutes. We checked out the shop, bought a few things (you get a 5% discount in the store anytime with your card.)

BTW, I did not know I needed different paperwork if I wanted to grow my own for personal use. They do ask when you are getting your card. Just get it anyway whether you plan on using it.There is no charge for it, either.

I think 30 bucks for this card is amazing. As Pinch said, it's the Gold Card. It's interesting that you get this card in Oakland, yet there are only two clubs in the city. I won't get started on that...

We also visited four clubs. I'll write a review in another post.

Peace and happiness:peace:

Ms Kitty.. congrats to you. If you ever go to Vancouver, BC the Vancouver Compassionate Club Society on Commercial accepts the OCBC card.

British Columbia Compassion Club Society
Vancouver, British Columbia
Tel : (604) 875-0448
https://www.medicalmarihuana.ca/compassionclubs.html
The BC Compassion Club Society – Providing medical cannabis and natural therapies to those in need

I tried Toronto this past summer but they're hung up that your Dr reccommendation is not by a Canadian Dr. This kills me because the MCDs in Ontario are not legal themselves .. go figure.

Until the new MCD reshuffling by the city of Oakland there where a bunch.. the two that remain are proported to be the best the city had. From waht I've read and heard from the local gentry, I agree. Oaklands bold move adds legtimacy to Medical Marijuana in a city that leads the way in this field. Kuddos to Oakland!:cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom