GH Waterfarm system?

D L,
Google Scottyballs pineapple... That's the tell all thread that'll show how and why you can get those results with a Waterfarm... The man should be made the next Scottish Saint.... The first 25 or so pages is all you really need to read.... There are a few excellent waterfarm grows in the journals forum... I hope to add my own soon....

Hi! I also have a waterfarm 8 like system and made some changes before I even started. This is my very first grow and I did a lot of homework in advance... I think it is paying off...

First off I drilled as many extra holes as possible in every bucket. The plants have been in there for less than 3 weeks and I have tons of roots coming through into the water already. I had read that the roots stayed up in the pots of the waterfarm and make for smaller plants.

I added a stone in every bucket, just fished it up through one of the newly drilled holes.

I added a submersible pump in bucket 1 to help move the water through the chiller (added that too) and into the controller unit. It really made a huge difference, however I was on here hoping to find out why I can't keep the water temp. down and see that could be the issue.

I had the pump running 24/7. I am going to try running it for 15 minutes every hour and see how it circulates and what the water temp. does.

I hope this helps and anyone with any advice for me, I would greatly appreciate it!!

I'm not sure whether you have the circulating upgrade for the Waterfarm - if you don't I suggest it - it helps circulate the water from the controller to all of the buckets. After the roots reached the reservoir in the buckets I removed the drippers and inserted an airstone in each bucket. I powered the airstones with an air pump with 8 outlets that I bought at the fish store. It worked very well with no splashing or clogging from the drip rings to contend with. Maintaining a 68 - 70 degree water temp is a problem - I made sure that I always had frozen water bottles in the controller to keep the temps down. I did not use the reservoir - just the controller and topped it off daily with new solution. Hope this helps.

Hi Mick!

Yes, I have the recirculating system, but before I put the submersible pump in, the readings were different in every bucket. I will take it out today and see what happens. I would be happy if it just brought the water temp. down.

Water temp!!! Yikes! This morning mine was 83, it is one non-stop battle. I don't even think the chiller is doing anything since the water is at room temp. (I live in the south).

How much of the roots need to be in the water before you take the drip lines out? Maybe not running that pump too will keep the temps. down?

Thank you for taking the time to help me!!

What are you using the submersible pump for? If the readings were different in each bucket then your obviously not getting good circulation throughout the buckets from the controller. And if the temp was 83, the chiller is not doing a very good job - I would suggest keeping a couple 2 liter bottles of frozen water in the controller until you can figure it out - I live in the south as well. The circulating upgrade should adequately circulate throughout the buckets. I have never used a chiller - I'm not really sure how it works - so I can't comment.

Hello! skittishskye, its my first time using the waterfarm.
when you say you added a stone in eveybucket, how do you do this? Im having lots of trouble where does that airestone should go...
Ill appriciate ir any iformation

Hi! I also have a waterfarm 8 like system and made some changes before I even started. This is my very first grow and I did a lot of homework in advance... I think it is paying off...

First off I drilled as many extra holes as possible in every bucket. The plants have been in there for less than 3 weeks and I have tons of roots coming through into the water already. I had read that the roots stayed up in the pots of the waterfarm and make for smaller plants.

I added a stone in every bucket, just fished it up through one of the newly drilled holes.

I added a submersible pump in bucket 1 to help move the water through the chiller (added that too) and into the controller unit. It really made a huge difference, however I was on here hoping to find out why I can't keep the water temp. down and see that could be the issue.

I had the pump running 24/7. I am going to try running it for 15 minutes every hour and see how it circulates and what the water temp. does.

I hope this helps and anyone with any advice for me, I would greatly appreciate it!!

To reduce the temperature of your Waterfarm system further I would use a larger sized reservoir and mount the pump for the chiller into the larger sized reservoir. What size pump and what size hose are you using in your Waterfarm system? How has reducing the pump on tine to 15 minutes per hour changed the water temperature and growth of your plants?

so i should ....buy an additional air stone?.....change the water every 2 weeks?...
and i shouldnt ....run the water continously?

how big should the small plants be before i plant the clones/seedlings in the water farm?

i recently killed lke 6 plants planting them in the water farm but reading the sucess u guys are having makes me think i shouldnt give up i just need some pointers.

I planted mine right away in Rockwell and I run the water 24/7

14 days later

Back
Top Bottom