Girl Scout Cookies & GG4 breeders?

Either or, or a cross of the two?

I’m growing glookies, a cross of the two.
I already ordered glookies, how is it so far?
Wanted a gg4, gsc and zkittlez without a mix

I’m pleased with it.

That said, I popped 5 seeds and got 4 distinctly different phenos.

I did label everything, and have the two best phenos preserved.

One very sativa leaning, one indica leaning.

Couple things:

It’s a cal mag pig. Give it cal mag early and often.

It’s slow to finish. All of 70 days AFTER pistils show, not the 12/12 flip.

It’s bushy. Really bushy. Lots and lots of leaves. Canopy management and light penetration is a challenge. I’m scrogging it second time around.

Fairly short, minimal stretch on the indica phenos. The sativa pheno stretches quite a bit more.

End product is quite good. Very potent. Unique taste. Hard to describe.

The good pheno were both big yeilders too.

I’ll have a better “opinion” after this second grow using clones from the strong indica pheno.

Here’s a pic, 2 weeks into flower, stretch is just getting going.

Attachments

• A4452E26-0887-428F-9DAB-EAC622A09C07.jpeg
    A4452E26-0887-428F-9DAB-EAC622A09C07.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 160
I’m pleased with it.

That said, I popped 5 seeds and got 4 distinctly different phenos.

I did label everything, and have the two best phenos preserved.

One very sativa leaning, one indica leaning.

Couple things:

It’s a cal mag pig. Give it cal mag early and often.

It’s slow to finish. All of 70 days AFTER pistils show, not the 12/12 flip.

It’s bushy. Really bushy. Lots and lots of leaves. Canopy management and light penetration is a challenge. I’m scrogging it second time around.

Fairly short, minimal stretch on the indica phenos. The sativa pheno stretches quite a bit more.

End product is quite good. Very potent. Unique taste. Hard to describe.

The good pheno were both big yeilders too.

I’ll have a better “opinion” after this second grow using clones from the strong indica pheno.

Here’s a pic, 2 weeks into flower, stretch is just getting going.
4 different pheno's sounds like not a stable genotype.. on the bushy note, how well do they respond to heavy defoliation throughout the grow? Planning on doing a grow with lots of different indica dominant strains in a 5x5 without any topping this time just lst and defoliation and lower the amount of leaf plucking untill week 5 of flower. So from 12/12 switch it took around 12 weeks of flowering!?

4 different pheno's sounds like not a stable genotype.. on the bushy note, how well do they respond to heavy defoliation throughout the grow? Planning on doing a grow with lots of different indica dominant strains in a 5x5 without any topping this time just lst and defoliation and lower the amount of leaf plucking untill week 5 of flower.

I defoiliated quite heavily.

They hated it. Lol. May be why they took so long. They spent a couple weeks energy growing new fans. Lol

Now, I defoliated again late in flower, and they responded well. Buds swelled up nice.

I’d say wait to defoliate until week 6 or 7, after the buds set.

I’ve never been shy about defoliating, this is the first time I’ve seen a plant respond by “stalling” that bad.

I defoiliated quite heavily.

They hated it. Lol. May be why they took so long. They spent a couple weeks energy growing new fans. Lol

Now, I defoliated again late in flower, and they responded well. Buds swelled up nice.

I’d say wait to defoliate until week 6 or 7, after the buds set.

I’ve never been shy about defoliating, this is the first time I’ve seen a plant respond by “stalling” that bad.
Thanks, still finding my ways of when to defoliate.. during veg, early flower and late flower. What's your timings on that?

Thanks, still finding my ways of when to defoliate.. during veg, early flower and late flower. What's your timings on that?

I loloipop starting in veg.

Normally, I then defoliate around week 3 of flower, which I did, and it seemed to stall this strain.

I always strip fans with about 2 weeks to go.

That’s just my preference. There’s tons of opinions on defoliation. Lol

I loloipop starting in veg.

Normally, I then defoliate around week 3 of flower, which I did, and it seemed to stall this strain.

I always strip fans with about 2 weeks to go.

That’s just my preference. There’s tons of opinions on defoliation. Lol
True, and hows the bud structure on the plant?

Top knots were really fat and firm. Anything after the first 8 to 10 inches never bulked up.
Btw ever tried the Barneys Gorilla Zkittlez?

I grew the Barnes Gorilla Zkittlez last year. I liked it. All different pheno's but they all had good flavor and a nice high. It was middle of the road production wise. Not great but not bad either. I will grow it again.

When it comes to Cookies and G.G.#4. I have not found them selfed by anyone I would trust yet except Elev8. They have a G.G.#4. They mention to watch for hermies because it is feminized from a strain with hermie traits. I have DNA's Sorbet #4. it is as close as I can find to a good cookies x glue hybrid. Everything I have ever grown from DNA has been good.

Back
Top Bottom