Gitane Indoor/Outdoor

Gitane

3 - 6" clones: Girl Scout Cookie, Skywalker, Platinum Kush in Edna's Best Organic potting soil.
2/1/15 started them under (4) 75 watt CFL's in the evening and outside daytimes. Apprx 4 weeks later, yellowing started.
I began a cautious (I hope) ramp up of Mg by first increasing the dose of Earth Juice Microblase with a foliar spray 2x/s, the after 7-8 days with no postive result, added in some dolomite lime to the soil and watered it in with the usual earrhjuice line (bloom, catalyst, microblast,) No improvement, For the past 12 days, I've used dissolved epsom salt to foliar spray and water it into the soil ( about 4 applications)
So, I'd love for all to chime in and help me along the way!
I apologize in advance for the newb photo attachments. I'll get the orientation right the next time. I hope.
thanks to all the growers out there for their opinions.
Oh well, I can't get the "My Photo" tab to work.
Next time.

image23459.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/906507

The photo tabbed worked. Orientation sucks, but the first one is 3/31 after the microblast, but before adding lime, then using the epsom salt.
the next two were taken today. Last epsom foliar and soil was 3 days ago.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

image25623.jpg
image25633.jpg
image25642.jpg

I seem to have corrected the MG deficiency, step with first, additional Earth Juice Micro Blast, then epsom salt foliar spray, then dissolving 1 tsp epsom salt in water and watering it in, then finally adding crush dolomite lime (1 tsp/ gallon of soil) into the 7i gal containers.
These plants were vegged from clone -12 hrs outdoors, then 12 hrs indoors under CFL's for from March 1 to April 20 while in 1 gal containers. Up until 4/20 replanting (when I put them in the 7 gal containers and added in the dolomite lime and put them outdoors for the rest of the season), there continued to be signs of MG deficiency, though weakening. Now, (one month later) they are looking good. However,the Girl Scout Cookie, seems to be leaning towards a re-veg as I'm getting some of stretch. I will post that photo later. You can see that the one close-in bud growth photo attached, is not showing any signs of stretch. I'm in SoCal, and night time is down to about 9.5 hours.

image25835.jpg
image26127.jpg
image26125.jpg
image261211.jpg

The first photo shows the stretch on the Girls Scout Cookie. Still about 30-45 days or so of flowering time.
The hoop house keeps the moths off the plants, so I haven't had worm issues since I put this in.

image26122.jpg

This sour og showed a MG deficiency back in March. For the last 3 weeks I've been beefing up the Earth Juice Bloom, Grow, Micro Blast, Catalyst, and Meta-K. Last year I followed the 'less is more' feeding philosophy. This year I've beefed up the Bloom amount and microblast and am feeding them once per week. I've not been able to yield more than 2-3 oz / plant in the past so I'll see if this helps. I think these have another 30-45 of growing before they're ripe. We've been having a heavy marine layer for the last two weeks, so they've not been getting alot bright sun.

IMG_237423.JPG
IMG_236918.JPG
FullSizeRender81.jpg

I've started a few clones. This one is about 10 days into soil. The leaves are curling strangely. I really tried to dry out the sole, thinking I'd over watered it. Some of my last closes never made it and the thought was over watering. I'm finding that you different strains can have very different requirements.
I'm going to start taking alot of leaves off the girls scout cookie. It was so bush-like no light could penetrate into the bud sites. I sort of opened up one quarter. You can see how thick it is on the lost photo. I'll take alot of leaves off it this weekend. Mold is always a problem so I think it's best to increase the airflow. I'm planning to bring in fans in the next few weeks to really increase the circulations. Did that last year and it virtually eliminated the mold problems.

IMG_239111.JPG
IMG_239012.JPG
IMG_238713.JPG

I reported the green crack (started from seed late April.. I used a wider planting container for this and the super lemon haze. Hopefully with wider, rather than taller, containers, I'm looking to find out if plant size will increase. I seem to get the same results, plant size, for the past two years, using the 7 gallon containers. I also took the balance of leaves off the girl scout cookie. Found a few interior bud sites showing signs of mold.

I mixed up about 25 cubic feet of used Edna's Best potting soil. I added in all the stuff in the wheel barrow: went with 1/8 cup epson salts, 1 cup lime and one box of bat quano, 20 lbs of earth work castings. Wondering if I need some additional calcium source.
FullSizeRender83.jpg
IMG_239612.JPG
I transplanted a 12 " that was vegging into this soil I should seek in a week or so, how it will react to this mix. I'm not intending to use this soil for another few weeks, so I can tweak the mix. My ph meter was giving erratic readings, but the most consistent read I was getting was in the 6.2 -6.6 range.

If it's not one thing it's another. Now the Green Crack and Super Silver Haze are showing signs of nitrogen deficiency and their growth has slowed. I fed them with a strong dose of the Earth Juice Grow 4 days ago. I'm waiting to see if the new growth is a darker shade of green. A few other's are showing some signs as well, though a few are completely fine. All in the same soil and have had the same
FullSizeRender_2_21.jpg
FullSizeRender_1_17.jpg
FullSizeRender86.jpg
watering/feeding.
I'm going to have to chop the Girls Scout Cookie. The hairs are almost all red, but the trichomes aren't there yet. This must have had alot of sattiva as it started stretching after force flowering to it is going to a trimming hassle.

Still getting what I think is fusarium wilt. Been taking off a few little buds over the past two weeks to slow the advance when I've seen the wilt and cut back to good wood, but this one I caught before it affect entire branch. The stretching on this GSC really limited bud growth. Trichomes are mostly cloudy, almost no amber. No real signs on the sour og or skywalker. I've caught a one or to small moldly bud areas on them but they're holding out. They're still a few weeks from being ready.
FullSizeRender_4_11.jpg

FullSizeRender_5_7.jpg

Throwing in the towel on vegging the new clones (GSC, Agent Orange, White Widow Max) and they're going 24/7 outside. They're pretty scrawny. Still trying to determine if the purpleing of the leaves are phosphorus deficiency.
FullSizeRender_3_15.jpg

Rain in June in SoCal
FullSizeRender_5_8.jpg
FullSizeRender_3_16.jpg
FullSizeRender_2_22.jpg
FullSizeRender_1_18.jpg
FullSizeRender_7_2.jpg
FullSizeRender_4_12.jpg
?? They got doused and the temps are staying high. Mold is gonna set in almost all cloudy tichs with no amber. I cut out about 6 bud rot sites and another 6 stems that had fusarium setting in. I hated to have to chop the top off this Skywalker. I'll see what they look like this evening. More showers expectd. The sour og buds never really filled in. Might be the strain. The GSC was chopped and trimmed sunday, it was really starting to show accelerating bud rot but the trichs had about 10% amber. Now it's one to the second part of the season with the seeds I germinated. The Sweet Dream, germinated about a 1 1/2 month after the others, is a monster. The others never took off

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

IMG_252911.JPG

It's been about 2 months since the last post. The clones from June 1 were planted in the reused soil + haven't developed any nutriet issues at all. If anything the nitrogen content might be a little high since the leaves on all of them are consistently darker green. They went into bloom pretty quickly once they went outside for good, but seem to have put on alot of growth. I probably should have used larger pots
FullSizeRender_1_19.jpg

This is the new nut deficiency problem. Mainly inner leaves and not just older leaves. I dosed it with extra strong Micro-blast (?) for extra minerals: iron, etc.
FullSizeRender_2_24.jpg

When there's been an evident need to nitrogen, the earth juice grow doesn't seem to be enough so I use miracle grow 20-20-20, which gets them over the hump.
IMG_253012.JPG

FullSizeRender88.jpg

This clone, Agent Orange was the first to go into flower.

I've had alot of yellowing of the leaves over the last 3 weeks. I stopped with any nitrogen since they are about 6 weeks into flower.
Waiting to see if the fully bulk up. So far, it seems only 2-3 are bulking up at this point.
IMG_258016.JPG

FullSizeRender_2_28.jpg

FullSizeRender_1_21.jpg

This Agent Orange is mostly red hairs, but trichomes are still mostly clear, no trace of amber
FullSizeRender92.jpg

Back
Top Bottom