Give a old Futon a new life

mishap

Ladies listen up! :cheer: You can do things yourself!
Items needed for assembly: IMAGINATION & INGENUITY
Old futon someone threw out, Screw Gun, handsaw, drill, screws (assorted sizes) and a piece of 2'x8' plywood (Will fit in most mini vans) Or I used a piece of 2 inch thick foam board we had left over from insulating the house. And then
9 -1"x3"x7' foot boards of cheap pine. Mylar: for covering the inside and extra strong two sided tape for sticking the mylar up.
First I took our old uncomfortable futon apart. Then I took the now separated back and seat and stood them up on end about 6 Ft apart. I put the side arms on the insides between the two and made them face each other (opposite of how the arms were used on the futon) so I could use the fancy magazine holders for storage underneath. I screwed the sidearms to the back & seat, to the height I wanted using a prop to support the tall part. (I was alone that day). Then put some old floor molding (Use 3 of the 1x3's) we had on top of the side arms between the two sides for support with sticky tape. Then put my foam board on top of that for the table base. (after putting a piece of our old waterbed bladder on it for easy cleaning. Plastic will do the same thing). I stretched 3 of the 1"x3" boards for supporting the back and 3 across the top to stabilize all and a place to hang your lights from, screwing them in place. I put the tape all over the insides and cut the Mylar to fit and put Mylar on the wall behind it. You can screw the whole thing to the wall for more support if you want, I didn't so I could move it if needed.
The best part is using your imagination. You can use the underneath for starting baby's if you make another light tight box or for storing all the crap that comes with growing your own.
Later, as you can see by my pictures, I used some left over paneling on the outsides, but it was for cosmetic reasons and I didn't like dusting the slats I could see on the sides .
You can see pictures at my gallery page I can't seem to figure it out on this page. Hope it all makes sense to ya! If not leave me a message.
Happy Growing!:high-five:

Here are Mishap's pics. Pretty nice setup, recycling towards a new direction but you can't sit or sleep on it anymore lol.

DSC008424.JPG

DSC009202.JPG

DSC008923.JPG

DSC008543.JPG

DSC008523.JPG

DSC008485.JPG

DSC008293.JPG

:high-five: HaHaHa!!! That is slick!!! Hi mishap! :Rasta: I had been watching off and on to see if those pics made it on. :goodjob: I think that is a great idea! From the looks of it your plants are happy.

Re: I've given "another" old Futon a new life

Neighbor gave me another old futon. Guess it was ment to be another setup. She a real dear, even brings me new baby's if I need them and she's in her very Late 60's. She has a terrific son-in-law. We both believe in giving to those who can't pay much for meds.
After I'm done I will post new pictures. This one's not in the house cause it's for males only and of the 4 seeds my lemon plants have gave birth to 3 females and one lonely male.....Guess he'll get lucky in about 6 weeks.
:thumb::peacetwo::goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom