Glass or Silicone storage?

I have heard that silicone can leach terps from the rosin but I'm not sure the validity of that or how much it could even leach over time. I'm using glass as it stands (came with the press) but I agree it's a P.I.T.A. and have found myself pucking it up and storing in Costco parchment in a jar in my weed fridge.

I have heard that silicone can leach terps from the rosin but I'm not sure the validity of that or how much it could even leach over time.
Silicone leaching off terps is bro science. Natural terps will not break down silicone. Dispensary buds treated with synthetic terps maybe. On a micro level silicone is structured like foam bubbles. Manufacturing leaves the walls with popped bubbles shaped like this " C ". You can not see the wax trapped in there but you can smell it. You're loosing microns of product, not filtering off terps. Silicone lids don't seal as well as the "C" pockets so you're loosing wax ball terps faster to evaporation. Over time the jar will smell stronger than the wax.

Silicone leaching off terps is bro science. Natural terps will not break down silicone. Dispensary buds treated with synthetic terps maybe. On a micro level silicone is structured like foam bubbles. Manufacturing leaves the walls with popped bubbles shaped like this " C ". You can not see the wax trapped in there but you can smell it. You're loosing microns of product, not filtering off terps. Silicone lids don't seal as well as the "C" pockets so you're loosing wax ball terps faster to evaporation. Over time the jar will smell stronger than the wax.
Good to know id just heard it from someone at some point but wasn't sure how valid it was... cheers 🍻

I usually just buy a 100 pack of the 5ml glass jars and throw them away when they get too manky :)

You can get jars that are made with a removable ceramic bowl in a silicone container, they're pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom