Good idea? Please help!

SmUrFx1028

I’ve built myself a pretty standard grow tent (DIY) and I was thinking about my intake. What do people think about me using a small amount of ducting with black panty hose around the end to ensure no light leaks. Will be a very small short ductwork. Have no room to work with in a room that sees a lot of light

if you are talking flower room, then light leaking is critical, to prevent stress and possible conversion of your plants to hermaphrodites,, hermies... boo

i am talkin complete darkness,, old time darkroom dark,, deep in a cave dark. pitch black

not easy to do with short ductwork and panty hose. perhaps impossible

with ductwork,, only way to slow the light down is with elbows,, several of em ,, impractical but can be done,, painted black inside to reduce reflections.

i built an intake with a bathroom fan inline to aid air flow at certain times,, got a pic somewhere,, hang on a sec

poor illustrations of the project but that was two years ago or more and it works for me everyday

there is still more ductwork and another elbow added on the duct there,, not shown in the pics

now,, what the panty hose will do is catch any impurities going into the room,, but not panty hose, too restrictive,, get a screen of some kind,, and clean it often, with water

cheers

:volcano-smiley:

yes, all the difference in the world. no light leak issues at all,, cheers

only concern is restricting the air flow,, yay

It helps greatly if the inside of the ducting is black. In my veg room I used 4” pvc pipe. Two 90° bends did the trick, with some bug screen on the end, though in my case both ends of the vent are in dark places already.

Back
Top Bottom