Managing heat in a grow tent

Opar

Sooooooo!

I’ve got a 4x4 tent, vivosun, with their 1000watt light. I’ve flipped to flower with 4 plants. Ducted house register (home ac) ducted into tent for intake along with 1 tent flap. charcoal can hung up ducted to hood ducted to window for exhaust. Slight negative pressure, light set to 750 watt. Smaller hood so I want to keep it raised and hit 1000 watt to better bathe canopy st high ppfd level to maximize grow. At 750 hovering around 80 degrees in flower, raising to 1000 watt gets me 83-85 :(

Should I get another exhaust fan and duct light separate from outside the tent? No room in tent for ac unit, but maybe duct something? 3 circulation fans, 1 angled up on floor, 2 at canopy height oscillating opposite corners....

Any experienced ideas?

Please help, i would like to maximize results from this effort.

I had some heat issues In my 4×8 this past summer. What I did was put a fan just below the lights and set it to blow across the tent toward the exhaust. It lowered my temp by about 7 degrees on average. BTW, your plants should handle low to mid 80's without too much problem.

I will move one of the oscillating fans to see if that helps... thanks for the idea... anyone else think venting the light independent of the tent is a worthwhile idea or even trying to duct in an ac unit

As long as you keep the humidity down between 40% - 60% rh you should be okay.

I struggle with heat and humidity every summer. Temperatures soar up to 100°F and night time humidity has reached over 90% rh. I had to throw out half a cola due to mold in one tent.

My other tent has what I call a tent topper. It has three HVAC diffusers from the tent going to a length of 3-1/4" X 10" ducting. My exhaust fan is connected to that. The vents at the bottom are fully open. This tent stays about 4°F-5°F above room temperature while the lights are on. The lights in both tents draw about 315W from the wall. Both lights are passively cooled. One is a Mars Hydro TSL-2000, the other an eight COB DIY array. Both tents have a 2' X 4' footprint. The Mars Hydro light is in a 5' tall tent in the basement without a topper. The other is 7' tall and in our living area. We have no A/C.

Here's a link to the tent topper.

The correct rh of your environment is 70% according to the vpd chart. You should aim for that in order to keep them as healthy and productive as they can be. Mold problems occur for many reasons but plants have their own immune system and as long as you keep them healthy and happy mold has less chance to cause an infection. But i’m not suggesting that you should get an humidifer or anything. 48 will not cause any problems. Plants adjust.

Back
Top Bottom