Grams per Sq. Meter

josh1987

so i have been reading up on what strain i would like to do and alot are showing indoor yields in GSM. i understand what it means but how much average is it for one plant?

i.e. Alaskan Ice
Yield:700-800 GSM

so i have been reading up on what strain i would like to do and alot are showing indoor yields in GSM. i understand what it means but how much average is it for one plant?

i.e. Alaskan Ice
Yield:700-800 GSM

Josh1987, yield questions are almost always impossible to answer. So many variables are in play. The grams per square meter projections are derived from highly experienced growers, growing under optimal conditions. After doing my first indoor grow, and reading around 100-125 journals all the way through, I have decided that a good number to shoot for is 3 oz per plant. Now, there are strains that yield heavier than others, and over 3 oz per plant is attainable, my next grow has a target of 4 oz per plant, but the best thing to do is grow the plant, then weigh it...then you'll know for sure.

what is ur system? im using indoor hydroponic system. i am using a lot of ideas from strats threads and he averages 4-5 oz per plant. my room will actually be bigger and i will be using more lighting. should i expect more yield?

No. Stratologic is a highly experienced grower who has done this before. You should temper your expectations for your first grow or two, learning curve it's called. You can't jump right in and expect to produce yields equal to highly experienced growers. If you do, you'll end up very disapointed. As far as my setup goes, I'm a DWC/Deep Water Culture grower at this point, but the day is coming when I switch to aeroponics.

i understand he is experienced at this but i plan on taking like 3 of his ideas and following it as well as i can. i dont expect to make that much yield on my first try but i plan on it sooner then later. i have to give him a lot of credit and frankly i cant wait to start and see what my first yield will be. i am thinking like 3 oz per plant for my first grow though. mainly because i will have more light and more space then he did. i think once i get this thing down i believe 5+ oz a plant would not be horribly unreasonable to aim for. whats great about my set up is i can easily make it taller when ever i feel like to. i would just need more light.

In my experience it is best to worry about keeping your plants healthy and not fret over yield. Then again, I don't sell anything, so maybe that's why yield isn't a concern of mine.

No. Stratologic is a highly experienced grower who has done this before. You should temper your expectations for your first grow or two, learning curve it's called. You can't jump right in and expect to produce yields equal to highly experienced growers. If you do, you'll end up very disapointed. As far as my setup goes, I'm a DWC/Deep Water Culture grower at this point, but the day is coming when I switch to aeroponics.

Southernweed why the switch to aeroponics? What's wrong with DWC?

There is nothing "wrong" with DWC, it is a great way to get introduced to hydroponics. However, I believe that aero offers a bit more versitility. Pan4Gold49 has an awsome instructional on building a homemade aero unit that looks very easy to follow, and since I like building my own gear whenever possible, that'll be the route I take in the future.

I am looking at pan's aero system and it looks a lot like what i am going to do. what exactly is the difference between dwc and aero?

Aero uses fractal misting heads to spray the roots with a very fine mist of nute solution. DWC grows the plant in a res full of highly oxygenated water/nute solution.

You can a combination of both right? i plan on having misters and air pumps. soon i want to have air pump push CO2.

Back
Top Bottom