Grapefruit and bucket size

JustCurious79

My first batch will go into 4-gallon buckets, but I also have some empty 2-gallon water canisters I'd like to get to good use. Do you think grapefruit can grow with so little root space?

I'm being told that too small containers limit growth, and that 4-gallon buckets is the norm for "regular"-size. Grapefruit (and yes, I'm talking about the weed strain) on the other hand is relatively small so I thought I could use smaller containers also.

i would start in the 1 gallon pots for the simple fact of using less nutes in the begining because it will be a waste. the plants hardly eat in the early stages of their life. you can always transplant later

If course I can transplant later. What I meant to ask is if it's a wise idea to have them grow in 2-gallon pots during late veg and flower? There is the thumb rule that one gallon for every foot of height, but then again, grapefruit is supposed to grow just about 2 feet. It's not a very big strain.

The larger the pot... the bigger the plant can be. My plants finish root bound in 5 gallon pots so I have started to use 7 gallon pots to finish.

Back
Top Bottom