green and brown inch worm looking things

NE14AJ

OK DID SOME OUTDOOR GROWING EVERY THING HAS GONE PERFECT TILL
i STARTED SEEING PARTS OF THE BUDS TURNING BROWN IN AREAS AND LITTLE BLACK TURDS , SO ON CLOSER INSPECTION I SPREAD THE BUD APART I FOUND A LITTLE WORM DEVOURING MY KIDS , I MEAN THEY DESTROYED A BRANCH A NIGHT JUST ONE OF THEM , BUT I WAS LOOSING THE BATTLE HUNTING THEM DOWN AND REMOVING THEM , NEVER SEEN SUCH DESTRUCTION IN A SHORT TIME , ANYWAYS CANT FIND ANY INFO I SEEM TO BE ALONE ON THIS ONE LOL

look up "tobacco budworm" -- I'm killing several a day on the girls and not sure I want to touch them with anything besides a toothpick cause they're close. I gotta learn to make them never want to visit again.

Unfortunately, the girls are pretty much in full bloom, I did buy a moth trap that I hope helps - probably won't make a difference till next year. Funny thing is they aren't going for the tobacco nearby. Some have met their death on skewers, some on trimming shears.

I'm just trimming around the damage and picking them off when I see them. Someone suggested bt but at this point it may be late and I don't want any funny flavors even if from bacteria. I did see a ladybug on patrol yesterday.

Get the BT!

It will rinse off since it doesn't soak into the leaf, so should be no worry there.

DD

U keep playin with them and I'm pretty confident that it will cost u more than it'll cost them. If u don't kill them they will multiply, as will the damage. If u have mold and bud worms late in harvest I say harvest early. When it comes to fungi if u see some there's an excellent chance that u missed some. then there are spores. I dealt with powdery mildew most of my grow. A complete pain in the rump and u can see the affects on the harvest. It is however your decision. I wish u the best. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom