Green Poison Auto XL week 9

Razor557

420 Member
I'm into week 9 of my Green Poison Auto XL (week 5 into flowering). Things seem to be going well and I dont think I'm too far out on harvest time. Any advice or tips???

20210126_102513.jpg

20210126_102511.jpg

20210126_102504.jpg

20210126_102455.jpg

20210126_102403.jpg

20210126_102312.jpg

Hey @Razor557 Welcome aboard the 420 train.

I am no auto expert. I do know they are unforgiving to a novice grower, myself included. There are a few factors that can go wrong and negatively effect our yield with an auto.

Your plant has a deep green and excellent trichome production. It would seem your fertilizer regimen is at the least, adequate.

Tell us a bit about your set up...

What kind of fertilizer are you using? Your leaves are a touch dark, but it may be genetic. A surplus of nitrogen can cause this color and a surplus of nitrogen can impede bud formation. Autos are pretty notorious for requiring light nutrients. It is easy to go over board with them.

Is your plant getting plenty of fresh air? If there is not sufficient air exchange, a plant can look healthy but be halted in growth. I have experienced it.

How many light hours is the plant receiving? Autos will flower under any amount of light hours. I have occasionally run across some that have flipped an auto's hours to 12, as if it was a photoperiod. This sole fact cut their overall yield dramatically.

What kind of light(s) are you using? If an indoor grower is going to be slightly under powered in the light department (myself included), we need to maximize every watt we DO have. This is where LST and topping comes in handy. Photo periods allow for more training and autos...I have seen members train them and get great results. Trying to maintain an even canopy will allow us to maximize our light's output.

Is this your 1st grow? My 1st grow indoors taught me the fresh air lesson. I had spectacular looking plants that only got about 1 foot tall. Great little buds but not enough fresh air to keep growth at it's optimum potential.

@Patient Puffer thank you so much for all that detailed info!!! I guess you can tell I'm a noobie just by the lack of information I provided lol.

Yes this is my first grow. Im only dealing with one plant in a 2x2x4 tent with a 150W LED on a 20 and 4 light schedule. I have her in Fox Farms Ocean Floor in a 5 gal pot. I feed the Fix Farm Big 3 nutes according to their directions with Cal Mag every 3rd day with a fresh water in between and a day off. The tent has two vents open for fresh air and the temp stays high 60s to high 70s and humidity around 40%

Nah, I just threw all that out there to see how it had all shaped up for you.

Noob? Never and that is a horrible term, how about "student". We are here to learn. I am still learning. ;)

Your plant is going to bulk up last couple of weeks and your color is great. The tips aren't burnt from over fert. The trichomes are ever present. :) I really didn't think any thing was wrong.

Some people go as far as to train their autos. Just taking a plant to harvest on our first indoor run is a feat in itself.

Nah, I just threw all that out there to see how it had all shaped up for you.

Noob? Never and that is a horrible term, how about "student". We are here to learn. I am still learning. ;)

Your plant is going to bulk up last couple of weeks and your color is great. The tips aren't burnt from over fert. The trichomes are ever present. :) I really didn't think any thing was wrong.

Some people go as far as to train their autos. Just taking a plant to harvest on our first indoor run is a feat in itself.
I felt like that was considered an accomplishment too!! Maybe next run I'll test my luck and try to get a little fancy with some training. Now that I know what to expect out of the actual growing portion of the phases it should help me tremendously. Im considering a tent upgrade too just so I have a little more room to work around the plant.

Back
Top Bottom