Greetings

DriftawayNH

I am from the East Coast, born in Massachusetts, lived in New Hampshire most of my adult life. Just moved to Colorado in September.

I was very pleased to find out that Colorado has passed a Medical Marijuana Law. Back East I self medicated and was always able to provide for myself through my network of friends that I had known all my life.

I now find myself in Colorado with the possibility that I might be able to get Medical Marijuana legally, instead of sneaking around and feeling like a common criminal. I do have chronic pain, insomnia, and PTSD. Since I haven't had health insurance, have never been much of a whiner, and have always been able to provide for myself, I currently have no medical records that would justify or indicate a need for MMJ. Obviously now that I am living in a new state my ability to provide for myself (in terms of self medicating) is nil. Since I am now 47 and have a son I don't feel quite as adventurous about going out and trying to meet new people who might be able to help me.

My hope is that by joining this community I might make new friends that could help guide me through the process of getting the documentation I would need to do this legally. Any information, suggestions, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully there will come a day when our government will put an end to this ridiculous prohibition on a substance that doesn't even come close to causing the damage that alcohol and pharmaceuticals do. Until that time I am simply going to do everything I can to jump through the hoops that the State of Colorado requires in order for me to be able to obtain it legally.

PS everyone just calls me Drift

Thanks to the community for accepting and I look forward to helping advance our cause.

~Drift~

Greetings friend and welcome to 420. I'm not in Colorado, but did want to welcome you.

:welcome:

Hi Drift! I think you have found a good place to get help. Unfortunately, I'm in the "self-help" part of the world, but I've read a lot about MMJ on this site and I am sure you will get lots of support.

I've used MJ for years to self-medicate and I can only hope for a day when my state would allow MMJ. I understand totally what you say about feeling like a criminal. I do feel that the tide may be changing ... hopefully!!

But Welcome to you and glad to have you on board, friend!!
:peace:

Hey drift, you might wanna check out oldman420.

Thank you both for making me feel at home. Glad to see this is an active forum. It didn't take you long to roll out the welcome wagon.

Indeed, it does look like the tide is turning. Let's keep our fingers crossed for all those good people out their that are being forced underground simply because they would rather use a natural herb with far less side effects than alcohol and pills.

Peace:
~Drift~

:thanks:

Hello Drift
thc-foundation.org

I see this organization advertised in an alternative newspaper every week. They should be able to help you with your med id card. If you're around Denver you should be ok. I've heard that the eastern plains don't really have good access to MMJ.

Welcome to Colorado!

Back
Top Bottom