Grow, Activist, or Both

Herb Fellow

Many in states that don't have medical marijuana laws or some form of decriminalization face tough decisions as to how involved they should become in the legalization movement. Their hearts may be torn between continuing to grow, toke and fly under the radar or becoming a recognizable face and voice at public rallies and meetings. How much risk is carelessness and how little activism is cowardliness? What's your opinion?

I think the best way to get involved is be open about it, argue with the people who've been mislead.

fortunately I live in a region where rallies are held actively from places it takes 5 minutes to walk to and some 45 to drive to.

Can you be open as a grower? Isn't that carelessness? Or is it martyrdom?

I am in this boat right now.

Should I start a norml chapter and be in public view and have a hard time ? I would probly be watched under probable suspicion..... Should I not really toke to much or....

should I lay low and continue to do what I do.....

I am right now WAITING for a norml chapter leader in my state to contact me....I 'm getting a little impatient....It's been days.

I believe that I could have a HUGE chapter up here. But I dont want to give up my herb.... I know I would prolby be watched.

I was thinking of starting a thread like this one....thanks for the head start herb because I really dont know what to do....Also my boys family doesnt know we toke...so being in the public eye is something I'm not so sure of.

but helping to spead the truth about Medical and Decriminalization is something I would love to help with.....

We are decriminalized in my state but we dont have medical yet.

I'm just not sure what to do.

ahhhhh

Yes, I think it is a concern for many smokers. And more than likely, the answer may be different for different people. I really don't know.

I lay low. Call me a coward, but if anyone at work found out I toked, I'd lose my career.

I imagine there are more smokers than we realize that feel like you do. That is why it needs to be on a ballot. Everyone expressing their opinion anonymously and the politicians let off the hook. However, there must be some who make the issue a public issue.

I figure I would lay low till I get caught someday ( mind you it would be for less than a oz......anyways but my name would prolly still make the paper) If my name ever goes public for that then I will totally devote myself to it.... but for now I just lay low and chillax.

I'm usually very careful and I try not to look too high or smell too strongly when I'm out in public. I just do that toI also only feel comfortable smoking at two locations, unless under special circumstances, like pro-cannabis rallies.

I attend rallies when I can, but I've never spoken at one or anything. Although it isn't often, whenever I see any of my doctors, I speak with them about the medical and therapeutic benefits of cannabis, and right now I'm in the proces of writing an argumentative research paper on the medical cannabis situation of Canada. I would like to get more involved one day, but I'm also afraid of being kept under surveillance.

And as for growing... IMO, you can never be careful enough. The fewer people who know, the better, and if anyone absolutely needs to know, make sure they're people you'd trust your life with. Even if a very close friend finds out, there's a chance they'd accidentally let it slip to someone, who could possibly tell others, and then the information could somehow fall into the wrong hands.

Welcome Reggae! Lots of mornings I go to imeem.com and list to a reggae song list. It definitely uplifts. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom