Grow advice needed! Pics included

StokedGrow

420 Member
What’s goin on everyone! Hope all is well .. First off I’m doing an outside grow. Using fox farm happy frog soil as a medium. Using distilled water also.. Unfortunately strains are unknown but to my problem.. after about 3 weeks I noticed that the cotyledon leaves were beginning to yellow and during the transplant root system stemmed to be slightly root bound( I believe I took too long to transplant) after a day or 2 growth resumed but some leaves popped off which is a little concerning.. any advice helps thank you! Also it seems like those leaves popped off to make room for more growth or focus energy elsewher.. happened overnight but I could be 1 million percent wrong ‍♂️

First column plant 1.. Second column plant2 173858517385881738586173858917385871738590

Losing leaves this early does indicate some sort of problem... it is not natural and they don't throw off leaves to give more energy elsewhere. We need to know more about your methods however to be able to advise you. You have not mentioned your watering method and how often you do it. We already know that your pH is out of the advised range of 6.3-6.8 by using the distilled water, and without pH adjustment this is going to be an ongoing and worsening problem as the grow continues. If you are also not watering correctly, this could be the cause of lower root problems and that could also explain what we are seeing, but we need more information ... your symptoms that we can see so far could have multiple causes.

Losing leaves this early does indicate some sort of problem... it is not natural and they don't throw off leaves to give more energy elsewhere. We need to know more about your methods however to be able to advise you. You have not mentioned your watering method and how often you do it. We already know that your pH is out of the advised range of 6.3-6.8 by using the distilled water, and without pH adjustment this is going to be an ongoing and worsening problem as the grow continues. If you are also not watering correctly, this could be the cause of lower root problems and that could also explain what we are seeing, but we need more information ... your symptoms that we can see so far could have multiple causes.
I water till slight even run-off straight from a distilled water jug. I was worried about the ph being slightly off because I don’t have a kit to adjust also no added nutes, I thought it could pull through. I check the soil for moisture about first knuckle deep and check the soil from the bottom drain holes if slighly moist I wait to water if mostly dry I water. So I water about every 3-5 days.

Back
Top Bottom