Grow Automation System

autogrow

Hi 420 Magazine forum! I'm new here. I joined because I wanted to get your input on a system I have designed to automate grow operations. My system is incredibly powerful and customizable. The brain of the system is a security panel, and my software controls the security panel allowing for some very unique programming options. I've never grown marijuana myself, but I know that each strain has optimum growth conditions. With my system, you can input those conditions, and it will maintain them for you. I need to know what additional capabilities I need to add to the system to make it the ultimate system for optimizing the yield of any size growing operation. I'll copy and paste some current facts below, along with some questions for you guys about how it could be improved. Any feedback is very much appreciated!

For the purpose of this thread, I will call the system Frank.

Here is a list of everything I can do so far:
Security:
1. Surveillance: install an unlimited number of 1080p, night-vision, cameras recording to a hard drive and accessible from any phone, tablet, or computer
2. Perimeter and Interior: up to 176 window, door, glass break, and motion sensors
3. Life safety: unlimited smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
4. Monitoring:
a. get text messages when the system is armed or disarmed: know exactly when your employees get to work
b. get text messages or calls when an alarm is tripped, pull up the zone that was tripped instantly on your HD surveillance cameras
c. OPTIONAL: receive professional, 24/7 monitoring of your security system
Temperature control: up to 64 separate zones (expandable beyond 64 in some cases)
1. Set any temperature range for each zone, Frank will control the A/C and Heat on to maintain a zone within that range
2. Multiple temp sensors can be used to average temperature across a large zone
3. Schedule changes to the temperature range
4. View the temperatures of all zones remotely from any phone, tablet, or computer
5. Manually adjust the temperature range from any phone, tablet, or computer
6. Manually override the temperature range from any phone, tablet, or computer
7. Automatically adjust the temperature range based on any other condition in the zone or weather conditions pulled from the cloud
Humidity control: up to 64 separate zones (expandable beyond 64 in some cases)
1. Set any humidity range for each zone, Frank will control the humidifier and dehumidifier automatically to maintain a zone within that range
2. Schedule adjustments to the humidity range
3. View the humidity levels of all zones remotely from any phone, tablet, or computer
4. Manually adjust the humidity range from any phone, tablet, or computer
5. Manually override the humidity range from any phone, tablet, or computer
6. Automatically adjust the humidity range based on any other condition in the zone, or weather conditions pulled from the cloud
Air circulation:
1. Schedule fans to regularly circulate air
2. Remotely toggle fans
3. Automatically turn fans on and off based on indoor conditions
Lighting control: unlimited lights, up to 15 amps per lighting load
1. Write schedules for individual lights, rooms of lights, or the entire system for up to a year
2. Automatically adjust the lighting schedule based on weather forecasts pulled from the cloud
3. Automatically adjust the lighting schedule based on any other sensors tied into the system
4. View the status of every light from any phone, tablet, or computer
5. Manually toggle the status of every light from any phone, tablet, or computer
Irrigation control: up to 136 zones of irrigation
1. Schedule irrigation for each individual zone or the entire system
2. Adjust the irrigation scheduling remotely from any phone, tablet, or computer
3. Manually toggle irrigation zones remotely
4. Automatically adjust irrigation scheduling based on any sensor in the system or weather data pulled from the cloud
Energy Monitoring:
1. View realtime statistics about your energy usage
2. Track changes in energy use as electronics turn on an off
3. View and log your cost, in cents per hour, of electricity use
4. Adjust lighting schedule to minimize electricity costs based on peak grid hours

So that's what I can currently do. I'm considering adding the following features, if you all think they would be valuable!

1. Fertigation distribution
2. Soil PH measurement
3. Soil PH control
4. Hydroponic PH measurement
5. Hydroponic PH control
6. Oxygen and CO2 measurement
7. Oxygen and CO2 control
8. Aeroponic measurement
9. Aeroponic control
10. Grow cycle logging: track conditions during the growth of each crop, optimize your yield year after year

If I missed anything in the above list, please let me know!

Soil ph testers are practically useless by the way. Just letting you know to save you money on this already super expensive setup.

Back
Top Bottom