Grow closet!

Hi guys,

so i have a closet, its 2.5x3.5x7.5 with a shelf 5.5ft up and a clothing rack/pole. (roughed dimensions) it has sliding doors that enclose most all of the light.

photo230.JPG

the walls are already white, so i just need to get a reflective piece for the bottom.

so because of the area i live in i have chosen to be very restrictive on my electricity bill. i also will be doing a 12/12 perpetual due to space restrictions. i have chosen to use a ds300 from advanced LED, i will probably purchase a second one eventually when i move to a bigger room but until then the ds300 and 4-8cfls should provide sufficient lighting.

currently i have about 20 cfls and a few fans (two small ones and two computer fans) in there, had a bit of a pm problem in the beginning.i was wondering how you all think i should do my ventilation?

thanks guys

Welcome What is your humidity level and temps running? Light getting in during flower is a huge concern it can stress and confuse the girls during their dark periods. Sounds like you are only moving the same air around in there. You will have to control odor later. Look around here at what has been done. Pictures always help. PM usually humid and warm conditions. Opening the doors during the day may help until you get ventilation.

currently my temps are pretty high, low to high 80's. humidity ranges from 30-45%. and yes, there is the same air in there so i try to keep the door open at times. i was thinking i could hang a white sheet to reflect the light, and that would allow me to leave the door cracked all the time without (much) light escaping. i'll probably run ventilation out my light and out the sealing so the passive intake is on the bottom, but im still not sure. thanks for the input dadums

If you blow up through the ceiling (bath fan) where is it going? You don't want warm moist air blowing into an attic. For odor get furnace filters with carbon and cut them up. Remember light getting in during "dark" periods is a bad thing for flowering plants. Cut back on the cfls I got a 12 pack on 5 soon to be 11. Post a pic or more. Do you have reflectors on those lights? You can do allot with cfls just use the efficiently.

Mine is a similar area and i have vent at bottom and top.. 3 fans mounted on walls, 400w light overhead on track to move left/right up/down like the sun.. can u get fresh air in via air con ducting to a window or something? i have a portable air con pipe running to window, no one knows any different! Works fine, but that was a single plant grow.. inexpensive power bills runnin 400w hps

Back
Top Bottom