Grow Room Fan & Filter Setup

Smells

Hi, I am planning to run a fan + carbon filter vertically from the top of my tent with ducting running down through a port at the bottom of my tent (90 degree bend out).

Any issues with this?

Diagram in my members gallery

Setup79.jpg

re: Grow Room Fan & Filter Setup

Cool, thanks for the quick replys - Really appreciated.

I'm just using CFL's so heat wont be too much of an issue. Next I just have to tackle the noise issue with the fan..:Namaste:

The fan is 100mm 133m3/hr - Hopefully it should be ok running as is - I assume adding a carbon filter and ducting may quieten it down a bit as the noise seems to be from the air being pushed through the fan rather than the fan itself.

Just be sure to SECURE or RE-ENFORCE Any & All Bracing Are What Diameter/thickness of pipe ex. 1/4 inch !/2 Inch. I ask because a good friend of mine tried to mount even a 4" Inline Fan from 1/2 inch & it didn't turn out so great for him. The 1 inch tent poles are the best for pretty well anywhere up to 12" Set Up. Not trying to freak you out or anything at all like that but,-
- I've seen some truly avoidable Tragedy Tents (as I reefer to them) lol. No Injury situations ONLY of course. I have alot of my OWN said situations in the past too. I just like to help others from making the same EH! If U Have a good Support intact you'll Be Just Fine. I've helped a friend mount the same set up as your diagram & all is still great with his Gorilla Tent set up on 3rd run.
The OLD Schoolers swear by the HID etc etc. I use to be one of them However, I have to Admit these FREAKING MARS II LED's R-
- OFF THE HOOK. IN The ACTION SENSE of the word.
IMG_4340_1_.JPG
IMG_44163.JPG
IMG_4357_1_.JPG
IMG_44068.JPG
IMG_41628.JPG
IMG_165334.JPG
:Namaste: :Namaste: :volcano-smiley:

I don't know about you, but in tight spaces the fan/ filter can take up a ton of room. I have my fan set up through an exhaust hole in the tent and it pulls air out and pushes it through the filter as opposed to pulling air through it. Works just as well and opens up another foot of height in the tent.
#my2cents

If you are still in veg then the filter and fan does not need to be on. When you are in flower and they are starting to have a sweet odor
then you can turn on the fan and filter. Also, as the other post said, cool the lights also. this could be done by taking the fan out
put and run it into the HPS light and take the output from the light and run to the discharge port.
If you are in Veg and using a CFL light that works for me.
But when you start to flower you need a different light, a MH, HPS, or LED.
There are some sponsors that sell LED lights and the prices are good also.
I will be trying an LED light with switchable VEG and FLOWER.

O.K. & I agree with all here in regards to fan filter when to use when NOT to use... find an external fan control-
- to keep air ALWAYS CIRCULATING within ANY Grow AREA. I have chatted with Many Old Schoolers Here. & So-
-Far the Consensus Is- The NEW GEAR/Modern Tech & Bio etc. etc. It TRULY SAVES Shight Loads Of TIME & ENERGY-
-Physical as well as Mental Too LMAO... I WILL NEVER Use Pre-Mixed Soil EVER! It's A Real Game Changer -
- I Mix My Own ALWAYS. When Done Properly U Can Feel Your Soil Come To Life. Cannot Describe it's One of those Have to Do To Truly Understand It. Dang Have to Go I'm Nodding Off Here. Back again when Possible Sincerely Don J. :Namaste: :Namaste:
IMG_446911.JPG
IMG_44627.JPG
IMG_43358.JPG

- I have been looking @ the NEW MARS PRO LED Lights they come with remote & Or Veg & Bloom Control Switches. These lights have the - Same Power Too! Mars In My Opinion Is BY FAR "The Best LED Light Manufacturer Of LED Full Spectrum Light Available TODAY"
- By the Way, "LG Solutions are THE TRUE MANUFACTURER Of The Complete Mars LED Line Up" Go Figure! LG Makes Top Shelf LED'S Eh!
- I'm working On Ordering One Of the NEW Mars PRO Lights from China where said Manufacturer IS Located. Even If I have to go through - a Retailer here in Hamtown No Worries as long as I get one Eh! lol.

Back
Top Bottom