Grow room safety

Scottxb73

Grow room safety is a first for me, a few tips I just wanted to share. Firstly to help protect against fire hazard the lights are connected to an inkbird thermostat and set to 33c once the temperature hits that it shuts the lights off, meanwhile on a totally separate system running through a Havemax thermostat/ hydrostat the intake and exhaust fans will be running automatically set to the max temp for that grow period. When it gets to hot it just shuts down everything all power cancelled to all appliances. Humidity is taken care of with a dehumidifier that automatically comes on and off.
All appliances run through safety power board with surge protection.
The system has a couple safety features, the main power is controlled by a thermostat so as soon as the external heat is to high the whole thing shuts down, but not before the light inside shuts down approximately 3 degrees Celsius lower that the external setting, so now we have 2 seperate thermostats working. The fan system is separate but not from the main power, so it will remain on until the final threshold temperature. I live in a hot environment so I use 6 inch highest output centrifugal fan for exhaust and a lower powered one for intake, this maintains negative pressure to stop smell escape. I keep external ballast on a cool hard non flammable surface, I make sure they have nothing near them or direct above, the are plugged into an extra safety board as well. I use a small fan inside to cool the light if it has an internal ballast.. eg some led lights and cmh. Anyways hopefully help someone new starters😎👍

I was a bit but it's only in veg time because of the time of the day but nothing can be done about it and it doesn't happen very often only heatwaves and at the end of the light cycle usually about 2-3 hours before cut off and it's only a problem in veg time as it's 18:00-12:00 so usual go off about 9- am, this happens maybe 3 times a year and last 3-4 days so it's something that happens in summer but what can ya do, so far no effect that I've noticed

I was a bit but it's only in veg time because of the time of the day but nothing can be done about it and it doesn't happen very often only heatwaves and at the end of the light cycle usually about 2-3 hours before cut off and it's only a problem in veg time as it's 18:00-12:00 so usual go off about 9- am, this happens maybe 3 times a year and last 3-4 days so it's something that happens in summer but what can ya do, so far no effect that I've noticed
Omg I forgot it's got the inkbird thermostat so when it switches from heat to cool it turns off the main light and activates a 130 cfl lamp inside so to keep light on lol I forgot to install that part last time I moved 😂👍

Back
Top Bottom