Cooling without a/c?

well, i'd rather fight than switch,, ha

oh,, hang on,, i just switched,, just last night,, i bot some mega crop fert,, i have used g hydro since day one,, and perhaps my bottles are old, or whatever,, i cannot cure a yellowing leaf problem, so i am done with g.h.

i even did a ferting today with some miracle grow instead of g.h., just to see if i can see some improvement before the mega crop comes.

y'all are much too serious in here , but, ferting is the ultimate separator, distinguishing the wo/men from the girls/boys

karma sent friend,,
I’m always open for suggestions..nobody knows everything, so I keep an open mind about what other growers are doing :thumb:

Thanks for the tag Fox! I make skin salve from the roots, stems, and leaves (tutorial here). It's excellent for hives, itching, bites, and abrasions. It's replaced Benadryl spray for my family. It needs more beeswax to stay solid at room temps than I used in the tutorial. I keep mine in the fridge.

It doesn't work on pain the way a high THC topical oil made from buds does though.

Hey guys..I’m looking for a ventilation solution for my grow room revamp project. My grow area is 560 cubic feet and is going to be sealed so I can supplement CO2. I will be running 3 3000 watt Mars Hydro led lights and a dehumidifier along with a recirculating system. My main problem is going to be heat. I just don’t have enough power to run an a/c in there...my question is...can I run a separate active ventilation system on a thermostat along with my recirculating system to cool the room down? I know I will lose CO2 that way so I was thinking of using two CO2 buckets instead of one to help keep the levels up. Any thoughts or other solutions would be awesome...except for add more power, cuz I just can’t without putting ina bigger service panel in my house and I just can’t do that yet.

You have the LED's already? If not you could consider different lights.
I run two 315W CMH in a 4x4 Gorilla grow tent, pull air from a room next to the room my tent is in. Don't run in the summer much although I have an A/C in that room. I shut the heat vents off in the rooms and allow winter air pulled from that room into the tent.
Now on the 315's I mount the ballast for the lamps outside the tent which really reduces the heat in the tent.
The temps run 80 to 82 F with lamps on and 68 to 70 with the lamps off.

Great to see another Michigander on here. I agree with Chris, I would concentrate on getting everything else dialed in , in your grow room before you worry about CO2 . It only helps if you have everything else just perfect!
Lol...my name is Chris too lol. I totally agree but the learning curve is frustrating

You have the LED's already? If not you could consider different lights.
I run two 315W CMH in a 4x4 Gorilla grow tent, pull air from a room next to the room my tent is in. Don't run in the summer much although I have an A/C in that room. I shut the heat vents off in the rooms and allow winter air pulled from that room into the tent.
Now on the 315's I mount the ballast for the lamps outside the tent which really reduces the heat in the tent.
The temps run 80 to 82 F with lamps on and 68 to 70 with the lamps off.
Thank you for the input...I’ve heard good things about the 315’s but I’m in the LED camp :)...most of my friends that grow are conventional lighters too...I just gotta be different, and plus my amp restraints force me in that direction

If you have not purchased the LED's yet you should look into the 315's.

If I had that a 5x14x8 I would do a vertical grow.
It would require 4 - 315W at $230 each or $920. The amp draw is 2.6 x 4 = 10.4 A
This drawing shows 5 lamps but you can do it with 4 lamps
Untitled.png

The cost of the Mars Hydro is about $450, 3 @ $1,300
The draw of the Mars is 450 W+/- @ 3.78 A, so 3 would be 1350 W @ 11.34 A
The draw of the 315's is 315W @ 2.6..

It is reported that the 315 puts out about the same as 500W of light.

I am just dreaming and wishing I had that room, Imagine having 14 plants like this.

20180118_074019 (2).jpg
20180118_074506 (2).jpg

Would have all kinds of room to work/train the plant

This is just my dream. You can see some of my 5 plant vertical grows in my signature.
user49928_pic321988_1268329314.jpg

If you have not purchased the LED's yet you should look into the 315's.

If I had that a 5x14x8 I would do a vertical grow.
It would require 4 - 315W at $230 each or $920. The amp draw is 2.6 x 4 = 10.4 A
This drawing shows 5 lamps but you can do it with 4 lamps
Untitled.png

The cost of the Mars Hydro is about $450, 3 @ $1,300
The draw of the Mars is 450 W+/- @ 3.78 A, so 3 would be 1350 W @ 11.34 A
The draw of the 315's is 315W @ 2.6..

It is reported that the 315 puts out about the same as 500W of light.

I am just dreaming and wishing I had that room, Imagine having 14 plants like this.

20180118_074019 (2).jpg
20180118_074506 (2).jpg

Would have all kinds of room to work/train the plant

This is just my dream. You can see some of my 5 plant vertical grows in my signature.
user49928_pic321988_1268329314.jpg
Holy crap!! Those pics look awesome!! Thank you for all your research into my problem!! Wow!! And no I haven’t purchased the lights yet..it’s still in the planning stage. I have no idea how to go about a vertical grow..I was going to ScrOG. But please school me on this method..I’m very intrigued

Holy crap!! Those pics look awesome!! Thank you for all your research into my problem!! Wow!! And no I haven’t purchased the lights yet..it’s still in the planning stage. I have no idea how to go about a vertical grow..I was going to ScrOG. But please school me on this method..I’m very intrigued

Oh Man, where to start.
Let me find some of my guides on Vertical. You will love it.
Get back to you soon, google vertical grows or look at some of my journals that I did vertical grow.

It basically looks like a vertical ScrOG. My last grow looked a lot like that..buds had to be tied up because they were too heavy for the stalks..it looked like a big puppet show. I just didn’t get the yield I was looking for..probably from lack of good light...mine were shit. How do the 315 compare to led as far as heat goes...that is my ultimate problem.

It basically looks like a vertical ScrOG. My last grow looked a lot like that..buds had to be tied up because they were too heavy for the stalks..it looked like a big puppet show. I just didn’t get the yield I was looking for..probably from lack of good light...mine were shit. How do the 315 compare to led as far as heat goes...that is my ultimate problem.

Ive got some Bruce Banner and Gorilla Zkittles seeds on the way for my hoop house Summer grow. I want to see how they perform but my big thing is indoor grows because of the long winter here. That’s why I’m asking so many indoor type questions...champagne weed on a beer budget..lol

Back
Top Bottom