Grow Room

davduggie13

I've got a small grow room. 5x4x8. I'm using 3 - 1000 hps lights with outside ventilation fan, to cool the lights and provide fresh air. when the hot weather of summer comes how can I keep this room cool? I'v also got a carbon filter for odor?:Namaste:

When you say "outside ventilation fan", do you mean cooltube type lights utilising an external fan ?
Or just a fan outside that is blowing fresh air into your room ?
Cheers

That's a lot of light (good) for that space, and heat too though...Just off the top of my head, it sounds like if your outside temp is going to be too hot then you'll need AC but if you're running the lights 12/12 for flowering and have them on at night off in day, you should be ok(?) And any chance of setting up a small clone space elsewhere, and vegging outdoors for summer maybe?

At its hottest, what temperature does your grow area get to? And what will the relative humidity be?

That's a lot of light for a space that size... perhaps you could eliminate one of the lights if temp is an issue.

Your 1000 covers a 5' footprint I have about the same size area and only use 1. I can flower 6 plants under it, I'm looking at getting a 600 to cover the rest of my room to help keep my temps down and I run an AC when I'm in flowering but temps can get into the 80's very easy with just 1 1000 watt bulb with a cool tube and 2 exhaust fans acutely 3- 1 in taking fresh air and 2 exhausting it out my room with a portable AC that will do a 1000 sq feet. AC runs a lot hope your electric is cheaper where you live. I use a humidifier too helps drop the temp bout 5 degrees and balance the humidity out. If the lights are all in cool tubes you could separate your ventilation and exhaust all that heat out right away and run a secondary for your fresh air if you insistent on running all 3 lights. Good luck post some pics when your get it all set up.

6" duct outside with indr fan sucking cool air in, and through the lites, through a carbon filter and back outside, or into the attic.

Also an inline fan sucking air in from outdrs into room.

Im thinking to turn my lites dn to 600 until the last few week of flowering, and then crank them back up to 1000w, use a portable ac unit.

Peace! My freind!

Yup turning the lights down will help with temps, 3 x 1000w dimmables gives you heaps of options, sounds awesome.
I wish I had space for A/C in my current room, perfectly stable temps would be sweet. It'll be a must when I re build my studio. Sounds like you're on the right track, hope your grow goes well :thumb:
Cheers n Peace

This is a new grow space 5x5x8. Im thinking 2-3 dimable 600-1000w lites with outside vent and a fan inside sucking air from outside through the lites with a carbon filter vented into attic or outside.

considering 600-750w until final few weeks of flowering then turning on 100w to finish. using a portable ac unit in the space to minimize heat. humidity is around 40-50, tem 80F.

Peace My Friend!

If that's your set up and you live where the temps are high 90's in the summer even night time running is going to keep your plants loose and fluffy. You will need some A/C in there I have used the portable kind with some success although a big ass window unit 12k BTU so not huge but big keeps my grow room temps frosty in the summers.

Back
Top Bottom