Grow Support: Hydro

GreenWalter

420 Member
I could really use alittle help - if someone has seen this and suggested corrections?

I really thought it might be a Mag problem - so I added Cal-Mag to my Nut Sol (40gal)
- raised my ppm from 650 to 830 and Ec from .92 to 1.1.

Thanks in advance...

Walt

HYDRO GROW

Strain - GG #4
# of Plants - 3
Grow Type - Hydro 40 gal tank mix
Grow Stage - 2nd week out of cloner in hydro setup
Setup - Ebb & Flow
Light - T5 - 8bulb
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - Clay/Rock
PPM - 830
PH - 6
RH - 40% to 50%
Room Temperature -70 to 77
Solution Temperature -65 to 69
Room Square Footage - 20
Pests - None Known

Problem: yellowing - but more worried about the deformed leaves (sort of a curl) Any ideas?
GG4 - A1.jpgGG4 - A3.jpg

:welcome:to the forum...

Can you see the roots coming out of the pots? This could be a root problem rather than a nutrient deficiency. If the roots are still too small, decreasing the time between the flows will help.

sounds good - I am filling for about 2.25 hours 5 times per day - thought about skipping the quick fill during the "night" lights off.....
Thanks for taking the time.....

I grow in coco/perlite in a drain to waste system, so take this with a grain of salt...

Flooding for 2-1/4 hrs seemed to be too long. I looked up ebb and flow mistakes on the 'net and found "A crucial part of hydroponics is ensuring that one’s plants are receiving adequate levels of oxygen. In an ebb and flow hydroponics system it’s vital not to allow the nutrient solution to sit for more than half an hour. If it does the root system may be exposed to an anaerobic environment causing them to drown."

WOW - I never knew - I have been successful before under this feeding schedule - but I also have never had a problem like this before - thanks for the thought into it!!!!

Back
Top Bottom