grow tent problems

spit1111

hi lads,new to this growing.i just got a 75x75x200 budbox,ive got a 400 w light wi a parlux ballast in the tent,also i got a 4"VENTS extractor fan wi a carbon filter on suck in end,blow end going through the roof vent.wen i went in tent yesterday the ballast box was hottish,is the ballast ok in the tent??.also wen i put extractor fan on it seems to suck the tent in,is this ok or can i turn my extractor down if so how ????i turned light off about 2 hours ago and i just been in tent and plant seems to be withering(leaves all droppy).any help would be great lads cheers

Love to help you, but I can't understand your post. Ballast should absolutely be outside of the tent.

Tent will suck towards the inside. That's a good thing. Mine does too.

Punctuation makes posts easier to read. Not ripping on you, just makes certain posts easier to be read by most people. This forum is pretty great about letting it slide, but I have a hard time reading it.

Photos would help. I doubt your droopy leaves are caused by your fans. Check into over-watering.

With a carbon filter INSIDE the tent, you want negative pressure so your filter is working...inside air is going through the filter... which your tent is doing.

In other words, it's working fine.

cheers caddie for that,im new to the growing scene.ive got the ballast in the tent at minute,think i best take it out then.i think the leave problem is ok now m8.ive got my light(400w) about 1foot from plant top is this ok caddie.also pal the temp in tent is around 78 to 80 degrees wi light on,then around 63 to 66 with the light off,is the temp ok at that or do i need to try an change the temp.cheers 4 the patience lol:grinjoint:

Your temperature is pretty good with the ballast in the tent. That's kind of surprising. I guess you could leave it in the tent. I don't know of any people that do leave the ballast in the tent, but your temps are good.

high,

I grow in a tent also and leave my ballast outside. Why deal with any "extra" temperature issues. I have a vented light hood that is in the suck path to the attic. first the carbon sock duct to the light, duct to the vent opening on the tent, to the fan mounted on top of the tent, to a y splitter with a damper. I can recycle the heat in the winter, and flip the damper in the summer to put it out the roof. Venting to the area around the tent will make the fan run a bit more to maintain. I keep a small computer fan inside the light always maintaining a negative pressure until the big guy comes on at 81f.

good luck:welcome:

cheers 4 that lads,just a quick 1 here,i just been in tent an all top of tent and a bit on side theres condensation,how do i get rid??????i got a oscillating fan blowing over the plants all the time.

high,

I grow in a tent also and leave my ballast outside. Why deal with any "extra" temperature issues. I have a vented light hood that is in the suck path to the attic. first the carbon sock duct to the light, duct to the vent opening on the tent, to the fan mounted on top of the tent, to a y splitter with a damper. I can recycle the heat in the winter, and flip the damper in the summer to put it out the roof. Venting to the area around the tent will make the fan run a bit more to maintain. I keep a small computer fan inside the light always maintaining a negative pressure until the big guy comes on at 81f.

good luck:welcome:

hi guys me again lol,im watering mi girls every 2 days,wen i go in tent there is yellow leaves, always on the bottom of my girls.wat is the problem????????

I'd love to see a picture, but my guess is it's totally normal for a few yellow leaves near the bottom of the plant.

It's usually caused by a lack of nitrogen. Hard to tell without photos.

I'd love to see a picture, but my guess is it's totally normal for a few yellow leaves near the bottom of the plant.

It's usually caused by a lack of nitrogen. Hard to tell without photos.
hi caddie cheers m8,ive put 4 pics up on members gallery dont now how to put them on here m8 lol

Back
Top Bottom