Humidity issue late flowering 60+

hazeluv69

My issue is that I’m in late flowering with 5 girls & my humidity is always around 60s, it’s like week 6 now and they are getting fat and I do not want mould , I have a tower fan on a stool in the tent and a oscillating fan hung up blowing on top and in the canopy. Humidity never seems to drop unless I stand there with the tent open, got a dehumidifier didn’t work because it was a cheap shit one, I do run an extractor fan also.

set up:
600w hps
Coco coir
Canna range feed
1.2mx2m tent
Temperatures in the middle of the plants get to around 29/30 whereas near the canopy is like 34!

I have two vents open on the sides and one of the holes near the top a bit.

any advice on how to get my humidity down without a dehumidifier ?

I'm gonna stick around as I've got a similar thing going on. 1 plant 3 weeks into flower in a small tent but the RH is around 60% most of the time. Not much space for a dehumidifier in there so a bit stuck. Like you I'd hate to lose the crop to mould. Getting your temps down a bit may help. Maybe more extraction or forced intake? I've noticed the RH in the room I have my tent in has raised to 50%, so I may try running a dehumidifier just outside the tent in the wardrobe it's tucked into. Hopefully some folks with good tips come along.

Got any pics?

Agree with Vetsmoke add fan for forced air intake, elevate plants with plant elevators or spacers to get them off the floor. Are these in plastic pots or grow bags? When you lift a plant out of the tent is there a wet puddle under the plant? Are you using saucers or trays to collect runoff? Open all of the vents top and bottom. Put fan down low to move air at base of containers or grow bags. Maybe use less water on each plant.... IDK just spit balling here

The humidity is being generated from within the tent. The source is inside and won't stop. More air displacement with fresh air would help as mentioned above. If maintaining temps are a problem, then a good dehumidifier is in order.

I run three small fans in my flower studio above my girls. The girls look like spring flowers dancing in a prarie breeze.

Current RH 48.6. Temps average around 75 F. I run a LED light in a 3 by 3 open space.

Place my dehumidifier outside my grow space in an adjacent room. Notice a 3 to 5 percent difference in RH.

Pretty broke when I bought my dehumidifier, so I got it for $25.00 on Craigslist. Downside to Craigslist is the possibility of being murdered.

Do you run a fan on your 600 watt HPS light?

Peace,

As said above , Air movement and air exchange (exhaust air to outside and bring in fresh air). Also my 50 pint dehumidifier puts out lots of heat and really racks up my electric bill... I am trying my current grow without the dehumidifier

Dang it. I hadn't a clue they ran so many watts. I need to do a touch of research on these. There must be different sizes and wattages for specific room dimensions? As i said...research. Thank you.
The 50 pint is overkill for my space , but I figured it would not have to work as hard

Sorry if I missed something (I am an LED girl) but what about running a fan on the light?
I also grow with LED’s (quantum boards) not sure about hps either? Although it does seem that those temps that the op posted should be brought under control...

can you add some pics of where you have fans ,
and a oscillating fan hung up blowing on top and in the canopy are you blowing down or across ??

esquema-armario-cultivo-EN.jpg
growroomspc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom